IGNORED

New Combat Redux Contest!

Albert

For those who don't look at the front page of AtariAge often, or don't go down to the Contests Forum, I just wanted to post a message here telling everyone about a new 2600-related contest that we launched today..

The contest is to design 28 new playfields for a version of Combat called Combat Redux, created by Zach Matley. You can learn all the details here:

Combat Redux Design Contest

Have fun!

..Al

No Mac program?  :ponder:  :D  ;)  

Maybe I should go look up how levels are stored and make one in RealBasic.  :roll:  ;)  

I'll probably enter, too.  :D

No Mac program, sorry. If I had time now I'd whip one out, but, uhrrm, I don't have time right now. :) If you want to put one together in RealBasic, I'd be happy to add it to the contest page.

..Al

As long as we're on the subject of Combat:

Does anyone know when Atari started bundling this game with the 2600?  Does it go all the way back to the beginning with the Sunnyvale Six Switcher?

It was bundled with the very first Atari Heavy Sixers back in 1977. The system box even details the gameplay features found in Combat.

Just got done taking 121 screenshots! Phew! I'm going to create a nice submissions page, but in the meantime I created some pages with thumbnails so everyone can see the submissions while I work on the submissions page (which will probably take another day or so).

Combat Redux Submissions (temporary page)

I forgot to strip off the OS X titlebars before I made that page, will do that before I put the real page online. :)

Please post followups to the Contests Forum.

Enjoy!!

..Al