IGNORED

something else i found besides quadrun

tonyvortex

Alright, well, I'm going to step up to bat for Tony. I really try to stay out of most things, and, true enough, I suppose he might have done himself better to first post pics, or to have some post counts behind him, before posting about these finds, but, unfortunately for me... all of the above is true. (And I'll get into the unfortunate part later.)

This, honestly, could be one of the biggest scores EVER in the wild. I've known Tony for a number of years now, and his store is where I've found a number of my great deals - infact, I've posted about this very store before.

Now, that collection.

IT SHOULD BE MINE! Damnit! :D (Love ya Tony).

The guy who sold it to Tony is actually a fellow that I game with, and one who has, on several occasions, talked about his Atari collection. Not with any knowledge, however, just that he had picked up a number of things in his trading with folks for Neo-Geo carts and the like. He is much more into the new gaming scene, as opposed to the retro scene - and all of his collecting is "Get new - sell old". He has 3 sets of PS2 drum units. Why three, I don't know... but he does. Anyway, we've often talked about his atari stuff - and that I was very interested - but, always playing it off - and saying that "it doesn't bring much." Well, last we had talked, he still wasn't selling, but might be soon.

I was painting my house this weekend...

I was supposed to stop by his place...

But I waited - figuring the house needed paint more than I needed to game.

So I didn't see him.

That day...

He sold...

Over 2,000 worth... at least... from what Tony and I have talked about.

It's real.

It's big.

It might go down as one of the all time grabs.

And it was almost mine.

So... there it is.

Just wait till you see some pics.

You'll crap yourselves.

Just let me reiterate.

This is for real.

I would not lie to you folks.

I place my Christianity on this one. And Inky knows how important that is.

It's the sort of thing we dream about.

And it was one car trip from being mine.

And that's all I can write without beating my head against the keyboard.

Alright, well, I'm going to step up to bat for Tony. I really try to stay out of most things, and, true enough, I suppose he might have done himself better to first post pics, or to have some post counts behind him, before posting about these finds, but, unfortunately for me... all of the above is true. (And I'll get into the unfortunate part later.)  

This, honestly, could be one of the biggest scores EVER in the wild. I've known Tony for a number of years now, and his store is where I've found a number of my great deals - infact, I've posted about this very store before.  

Now, that collection.  

IT SHOULD BE MINE! Damnit!  :D  (Love ya Tony).

The guy who sold it to Tony is actually a fellow that I game with, and one who has, on several occasions, talked about his Atari collection. Not with any knowledge, however, just that he had picked up a number of things in his trading with folks for Neo-Geo carts and the like. He is much more into the new gaming scene, as opposed to the retro scene - and all of his collecting is "Get new - sell old". He has 3 sets of PS2 drum units. Why three, I don't know... but he does. Anyway, we've often talked about his atari stuff - and that I was very interested - but, always playing it off - and saying that "it doesn't bring much." Well, last we had talked, he still wasn't selling, but might be soon.  

So I didn't see him.

That day...

He sold...

It's real.

It's big.

And it was almost mine.

So... there it is.

You'll crap yourselves.

Just let me reiterate.

This is for real.

:o

Stuff like this happens. I had some guy contact me one day out of the blue. He sold me a Quadrun + manual, All the Waterworld docs (comic, manual, hint sheet), and a Silver Graviar + manual all for $100. Then he disappeared. Strange but true.

Tempest

Now, that collection.  

IT SHOULD BE MINE! Damnit!  :D  (Love ya Tony).

So I didn't see him.

That day...

He sold...

It's real.

It's big.

And it was almost mine.

So... there it is.

You'll crap yourselves.

Just let me reiterate.

This is for real.

Now I don't feel so bad about some of the good BIN's that I have lost on eBay. If everything he says is true, it is better than any deal I have seen on eBay.

Today a guy called me at my store and said his atari is dead and can i fix it or he was going to get rid of the GIANT BOX OF GAMES he has. I said i can fix or get him fixed up with new unit. So he then tells me he does not have much money and i said tell me what you have and i will see if a rare cart or 2 will be worth trade for new system. He tells me what he thinks is rare and he says miner 2049 neat case some double enders and funny single enders that look like double enders and then he wants me to name a few i would be looking for worth $$$ i name crazy climber, waterworld, chase chuckwagon, and a few others and he is sure he has them :evil: . Well I bet i never see this guy!.

Back to subject: If you really did get those boxes cash in the boxes and keep the games if you like them.

By the way i have a boxed Steel battalion for xbox i will give you for a few of those games :D