IGNORED

So what do people think about Brett Hull Hockey?

JagAttack

I'm hoping to have pack #1 ready before month-end, but as always life gets in the way. I have "employed" our very own Kevin Manne to help with the graphics on the packaging. It should be a nice and fun product for everyone. However, it will only be sold for a very limited time and sold under a pre-order fashion so I can limit production and not be stuck with any excess stock. If I sell 5, then only 5 will be made. If I sell 100, then 100 will be made. That simple. There really is absolutely no money in it because my price point is $29.00 per pack. With 3 CD's, packaging, time, burner, cost of original product, etc.....I'll probably lose on the deal. I just want to get some stuff out for everyone to enjoy (besides me). :)

The "final" extremist pack, which as it stands now is #3, will be very limited in production and will be sold direct, no pre-order. When it's gone, it's gone.

When they go on pre-order I will let everyone know on here, Talk AEX and JI2. There will probably be a 2-week window to order and then it will close. NO other copies will be made or sold.

More details will follow for everyone....

Well, I got the game and it's alost complete I'd say. It does freeze every once in awhile. Graphics aren't too bad and there are a ton of camara angles to chose from. The sounds are pretty bad except Al Michaels commentating is pretty good. BUT, I feel the computer AI is too darn tough. I can't win for the life of me :x

Well, after having had a chance to play this game myself, I have a few comments to make about it. Firstly, I don't see why anyone thinks this is NOT the final, complete version, I have seen no bugs or any other reason to think it's not complete. It's been said that the players are only "place holders," which might be true, they could have looked better with digitized graphics, but I'd like to point out that in a comparible game on the 3DO; FIFA soccer, a simulation game of the year for '94, has no more detail to it's players than Brett Hull does. As far as the "referee bugs" people have mentioned (the ref coming up on screen and then disappearing without a penalty call), are NOT bugs: If you know ANYTHING about hockey, the ref raises a hand to wait and see if a penalty should be called, because if the team that committed the "possible penalty" does not get charged with unless they recover the puck, otherwise if the team that was the victim of the "penalty" gets the puck, then that penalty is overlooked. That is why you see the ref doing this and it is not a probelm with the game. it does help to know the game of hockey, since there are no instructions...I think this cart version is 100% complete and a improvements to it would have been reserved for the cd version. I do think the game is a bit tuff though, I've managed to barely win one game, but I am usually blown out by the computer. Otherwise I think it's a great game and I love the commentary that is the best I've ever heard as far as keeping up with what is actually going on, unlike most commentary even on todays sports games that sometimes make comments that have absolutely nothing to do with the action that's going on. The commentation is a bit choppy, but this is due to it's accuracy and having to play lots of single line or word comments that string into actual commentary of the action. The graphics are smooth and detailed enough, the control is good too. I like it, a LOT.

Well, all I can say is that I've played this game for hours upon hours, 6 straight the first night I got it, and I've paused and changed camera angles and hit the option button in the middle of the action to go to the options screen and return and I have yet to find a single bug or have it crash on me...but the game crashing like that does NOT mean in any way, shape or form that the game is incomplete; I have MANY games, 100% done production run games, on MANY systems, including the Jaguar that crash on me or have other bugs, that just means testing was not as thorough as it should have been, that's all. Even my latest XBOX game, GTA:Vice City crashes a LOT.

I agree with Gunstar; it does make me wonder if the version that's been released is the same as mine or not. Would be interesting to see if a binary comparison brings out any differences...then again I can live with my curiosity if it's gonna cost me $50 to find out :roll:

Stone

I agree with Gunstar; it does make me wonder if the version that's been released is the same as mine or not. Would be interesting to see if a binary comparison brings out any differences...then again I can live with my curiosity if it's gonna cost me $50 to find out :roll:

Stone

I'm in the same boat Stone. I have a couple different versions of BHH. I'm guessing this may be an older version that he released? Damn, I may just have to drop the $50.

If this helps here is how the images were labeled.

ROM U1 Atari Corp. 703021-002A

Brett Hull Hockey LO Checksum AD3F

(NTSC/PAL 1/18/96)

ROM U2 Atari Corp. 704021-002A

Brett Hull Hockey HI Checksum 8044

(NTSC/PAL 1/8/96)

The 2a on the part number is the rev level.

The 1/8/96 should be the encryption date.

Checksum is the image checksum of the encrypted image.

Prototype stuff normally would not have a part number like this assigned to it.

Early Cybermorph 1993 do not have Atari part numbers on the chips. 1994 production show rev 3a. Atari assigned part numbers for everything. label, box, each chip, chips on a board, board in a case with label, manula, everything in a sealed box. Each had their own part number.

I keep hearing that grafix are good from many people. Quit kidding yourself, the grafix SUCK! Argh

I haven't received my copy yet but are you comparing the graphics to contemporary games or modern games?

Mitch

Im comparing the grafix to average Jaguar games. Play MC 3D or Iron Soldier then put in BHH. Come on, the Jag can do better than this! :roll:

I keep hearing that grafix are good from many people. Quit kidding yourself, the grafix SUCK! Argh

I haven't received my copy yet but are you comparing the graphics to contemporary games or modern games?

Mitch

Im comparing the grafix to average Jaguar games. Play MC 3D or Iron Soldier then put in BHH. Come on, the Jag can do better than this! :roll:

How does it compare to something like Troy Aikman football?

Mitch

It's better than Troy Aikman in every way IMHO. I have first generation sports games on both the 3DO and Saturn; soccer, football, hockey, baseball, etc. and it compares very well with them. I'm cerainly not saying that the Jag couldn't do better, it could I beleive, but comparing BHH to IS2 or MC3D is just plain dumb IMHO.

Hi Guys,

Well to be quite honest my first thoughts were OMG this is CRAP! I've waited 9 years for this!!!! But on reflextion it aint quite that bad. I think that Barkley is a better game than this, but maybe after a more prolonged session this will change.

There is no game really to compare it with on the Jag, but for me I played NHL 94 to death on my MegaCD & from what my dodgy olde memory can tell me. It aint even as good as that!

Ah hell maybe I just need to play it some more!!!

:D

Gaztee

:twisted:

Mitch

How does it compare to something like Troy Aikman football?

Mitch

Never played Troy Aikman football.

Hi Guys,

Well to be quite honest my first thoughts were OMG this is CRAP! I've waited 9 years for this!!!! But on reflextion it aint quite that bad.  I think that Barkley is a better game than this, but maybe after a more prolonged session this will change.  

There is no game really to compare it with on the Jag, but for me I played NHL 94 to death on my MegaCD & from what my dodgy olde memory can tell me. It aint even as good as that!

Ah hell maybe I just need to play it some more!!!

:D  

Gaztee

:twisted:

I agree, my first impressions were very disappointing. I think the graphics were probably passable back in 94 or whenever this game was suppose to be released. The announcer is very annoying. I pass the puck around alot so I had to hear over and over again the number of the player that got the puck. I'm sure all my complaining is based on what I thought the game should have been like or my comparison to todays games. Though I am still amazed at the graphics of Tempest, Rayman, and even NBA Jams has pretty good graphics.