IGNORED

Modern cartridges

Rhindle The Red

I just sent in a scan of my limited edition Crazy Valet cart and when double checking that the end label matched the one on the site, I noticed something.

You list both Okie Dokie and Crazy Valet as Hozer Video titles. I believe the original Okie Dokie carts (the limited ones) were manufactered by Robert Colbert himself and should be credited either to him or to Retroware, the company name listed on the game.

Likewise, I believe Brian Prescott himself has made all the Crazy Valet carts to date. He has stated that he'll turn manufacturing over to Hozer later, but that hasn't happened yet.

Shouldn't these entries be changed?

Also, didn't Andrew Davie release a special edition of Qb at PhillyClassic this year? I don't see it listed on the site.

Al and I talked about how we wanted to handle this. Basically, we will probably list anything that Hozer sells under the Hozer name. In the game description we'll note that a limited edition was sold by the programmer if that was the case. Otherwise, it will really clutter up the company listings.

As for Crazy Valet though, you're right, that shouldn't be listed with Hozer yet, we'll change that.

I haven't seen QB myself yet, but yes, we need to add that. Hopefully the non-convention release will be coming soon from Andrew.

No offense, but I think I'd be rather annoyed to go through all the trouble to program, manufacture, package and release a game only to see credit go to Hozer, even if they (he) did release a version later. It's your call ultimately, but how about an informal poll of the users as to whether this kind of information would be considered 'clutter'?

My guess is most people would prefer accuracy over the convenience of a slightly shorter list of companies.

Alternatively, you could have a sort of 'Self Released' listing where all games listed were released by the creators themselves. This would reduce clutter and still not be inaccurate.

Anyway, thanks again for listening.

Okay, perhaps "clutter" is not the appropriate word. I certainly don't want to disparage the efforts of homebrew programmers creating special editions. The programmers *are* given credit and given their own listing in the programmer section. I'm just not sure that they really belong in the "company" list along with Imagic, Activision, Sears, etc.

Perhaps we could add an "individual" category of some sort as you metioned that would include all the special edition homebrew games. That way they could be found through the company listing, be differentiated from the Hozer edition, and offer a central explanation about the current state of homebrew programming.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

awe well ill be more than happy to scan my copy of the limited to 99 cart ( for label varation ) to u guys. then you will just need the phillyclassic label and all will be set. i got this cart wrapped up and so weel protected ud think this game was made of gold. ok

quote:

Originally posted by Alex:

Perhaps we could add an "individual" category of some sort as you metioned that would include all the special edition homebrew games.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I agree that an individual catagory would be the best.