IGNORED

LYNX question

JagWarlord

If you need a game to test it with I have an extra sealed Kung Food I can send you, give me a PM.  Kung Food is probably worth $1 at the most  :D

Any chance the seller is vglq? He has several defective core systems to sell and has been selling for probably over 2 years now.

#1: you do need a game to turn on the Lynx. The unit will not turn on without a game.

#2: the most common problem with dead Lynx 2's are a blown transistor at location Q12. IKt's what turns on the Lynx and without that, pressing ON button does nothing. It's been discussed quite often. Here's one on Q12 and some common problems with Lynxes: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...8&highlight=q12

No definative replacement source has been found but Best Electronics may be able to help here.

Another possible but less likely is the burned out backlight bulb. There's also some issues with loose power jack which causes intermit shutoff when using AC adapter or external battery pack but usually resoldering the connections on the board fixes this.

I ask these questions because I just won 2 "untested" atari lynx systems off ebay. The seller said he didnt test them because he didnt have any games. He seems trustworthy. I hope they work! 8)

Would this seller happen to be Callistoo?

Callistoo has several defect Lynx systems up on Ebay. I'd probably get one someday and find someone who could fix it but I dunno. It seems awfully pricey for a working system with games on EBay right now.

I ask these questions because I just won 2 "untested" atari lynx systems off ebay. The seller said he didnt test them because he didnt have any games. He seems trustworthy. I hope they work! 8)

Would this seller happen to be Callistoo?

Callistoo has several defect Lynx systems up on Ebay. I'd probably get one someday and find someone who could fix it but I dunno. It seems awfully pricey for a working system with games on EBay right now.

No, it wasnt Callistoo. The seller was Al.. something...can't remember.

Just for the record, Best Electronics sells refurbished Lynx systems for I believe $60. They don't come with an AC adapter or any accessories, but you should be able to pick up a universal power supply for cheap. That may seem a bit pricey, but at least you know you're getting a working Lynx unit.

EDIT: Forgot to include a link!

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/lynx.htm