IGNORED

Worm War I Variation?

thrower99

I know that I just posted a question about River Raid II on this message board, so I hope I'm not being too presumptious in suggesting that I have an undiscovered label variation, especially since I am a mere Atari novice. Anywy, I have 2 different copies of Worm War I. One is the typical red Sirius label with the title of the game in white outlined lettering. The other is an orange label, close to the Sirius red, but definitely orange. The tile of the game is in solid white lettering that is segmented to look as though someone formed a hapless earthworm into the shape of the letters. Another difference is that while the Sirius label has "Made in Taiwan" printed underneath the copyrights, the orange label does not. The final difference is that the end label only extends to the middle of the cartridge rather than all the way across like the Sirius label does. Is this a minor font/color variation, or something significant?

jt

[ 09-09-2001: Message edited by: thrower99 ]

The variation of Worm War I you have sounds like the one I have in my collection, although unfortunately I'm away from my collection at present so I can't verify it's exactly as you described. I do know that the screenshot on the label is significantly different between the two, as well as some of the text. I don't remember the labels being orange, though.

Can you scan the label and send it to us (or just post it here on the board)? The second variation I'm aware of definitely needs to be added to our database, but I'd like to know if you've discovered a third.

Thanks,

..Al

I checked the screenshot on the labels of my carts. They are virtually identical except for the fact that on the Sirius label there are laser beams shooting from your space craft, while there are none shooting out of the orange label version. That is the only difference. Also, I did think for a few minutes that the label could have been faded into the orange color that it is, but I don't think that is the case. However, I have been wrong before. I do not have a scanner, but I do have a digital camera. Would that work ok? If so, I'll send a pic right away.

jt

I also have both a red and an orange Worm War I label.

The differences are the same as you indicated. (So I'm basically confirming that it is, indeed, orange.

My orange label also happens to be stamped "DEMO ONLY NOT FOR SALE", but that is obviously just a rubber stamp.

• 8 years later...

Wow, Rhindle's post was on 9/11.

How little we knew...

Or, he replied on September 10th, at 11:02 PM.

Depending on where you live ;)

Ps, I think some time should be spent on the orange/red label controversy

Edited by BlackDS

• 2 months later...

So what I gather from the vague responses is that the orange version is just as common as the red, correct? If AL wants me to scan my cart for the guide I'd be happy to, even though it is just a lowly "dirt common" cart ;)

wormWar1.jpg

Not sure, but I have two red ones and no orange ones.