IGNORED

what game should i buy?

xenomorpher

hi

i got 44 bucks to burn and i plan spending it on my jag. i have no cd games and only 4 cart games (complete except avp missing overlay) i was wonder which of the three is best, myst, vid grid, or blue lightning? i want to get some cart games too thats why i am prob only gonna get one cd game, (unless someone pursuade me otherwise) is a memory track a must or not?? i know what it is i just wanna know if it is worth the 20 bucks it might cost. i was wondering if www.goatstore.com is a good place. i looked there often but never ordered. i should put my money towards cd games but i prob end up buying 2 cd games (i dunno which) and two cart games ( i always try to get them complete). well any advice on cd games would be very helpful :) . or i may just buy 2 cd games and spend the rest on a new system. basically i dunno what to do. and does anyone know where to get cheap commodore 64 systems and games at?? thankls

I think the GOAT Store is a great place :ponder:

Then again, I own it, so I might not be the best source to ask. As for games, I think I'm a pretty good source.

What games do you have for the Jag? I can see you have AvP, so I'll just go with whatever else:

Jaguar

Tempest 2000 - the best there is, period.

Zool 2 - Personally (and people think I'm wacky, so maybe this isn't your best choice) Zool 2 is one of my favorite platformers. It's insanely fast, and it requires a lot of quick thinking. I love it. Your mileage may vary.

Flip Out - A wacky puzzler that I love.

Val D'Isre Skiing and Snowboarding - It isn't the "fun" snowboarding we get now from games like SSX and 1080. It is pure racing action, and it's really quite good at that.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins - Rare and getting more expensive, but quirky and frustrating... the best things to have in a puzzler!

Missile Command 3D - I'm not a huge fan of the original, but something about this game really grabbed me and I spent week after week trying to beat my best score. I love it!

Jaguar CD

BattleMorph If you liked CyberMorph at all, you need to get the sequel that is about 1000 times better.

Vid Grid If you like "classic rock" and puzzle games, you'll really enjoy this game. I sure do!

Iron Soldier II Bigger and better than the first, I adore this sequel!

Hopefully, that is a good starting place. I wouldn't suggest Myst unless you haven't played it. The Jaguar version is the best looking version of Myst, but it's Myst. If you've never played it, it's pretty cool -- kinda a point-and-click adventure thing. Blue Lightning is okay, but don't pay more than a couple bucks for it at most. It is a very unimpressive title for the Jaguar in almost every way, and had no need to be a Jag CD game.

What kind of game are you looking for?

Racing games I'd go with super burnout or power drive rally.

Sports I'd go with Brutal Sports football or NBA Jams. The other sports games are pretty lame.

Side scrolling games I'd go with Rayman or Pitfall. The others like bubsy and Zool seem to be off in the controls for me.

Puzzle games I'd go with flipout. Vidgrid got old fast, the videos were over played when the songs came out and now you are suppose to watch them over and over again while doing a puzzle. A true test of mental strength.

If you can hold off buying a little while longer, I can **HIGHLY** recommend Painter CD by Sinister Developments. Fantastic action-puzzle game with over 100 levels and addictive as hell.

Currently, you need a bypass cart to play the game but Gordon (Mr. Sinister) is a regular here and has posted that the Encrypted version of the game (which means you won't need a bypass cart like Protector SE) will be available very soon.

The other posts here have offered excellent suggestions. For cheaper priced games try Iron Soldier, Super Burnout, Tempest 2K, Rayman, and Battlemorph CD. For more expensive games you should try Protector SE, Breakout 2K, and Iron Soldier II CD.

I recommend the above games because they are ones I've played frequently and enjoyed over the last 4mos, though there are many more very fun and enjoyable Jag games.

Mendon

• 2 weeks later...

i got kasumi ninja, brutal sports football, and baldies. they should (hopefully) come by this saturday. next friday i might buy a dreamcast. if not a snes or a n64. i would have enough money left over (most likely) to buy another jag game or another game for my systems because i dont have a lot of games for them.

i got kasumi ninja, brutal sports football, and baldies. they should (hopefully) come by this saturday. next friday i might buy a dreamcast. if not a snes or a n64. i would have enough money left over (most likely) to buy another jag game or another game for my systems because i dont have a lot of games for them.

buy a jagcd system ;)

buy a jagcd system ;)

i already got one and i really dont need another one. thanks anyways. lol

buy a jagcd system ;)

i already got one and i really dont need another one. thanks anyways. lol

well i need one :wink:

i paid 50 bucks for mine on ebay. then again it didnt have a power cord and plus they didnt know if it worked. i bought it and i got an adapter that is for the sega genesis but also works for the jaguar. it plays audio cds perfectly. i just need baldies to come in the mail to be 100% sure it is functioning properly. by the way is baldies an ok game or not? it kinda reminded me of the sims. it only cost me 4 bucks and it looked better than myst so i went for it. some of the cd systems are expensive. i saw them priced 200 bucks at this one sight. to me that sounds a tad bit expensives

I think the GOAT Store is a great place  :ponder:

Then again, I own it, so I might not be the best source to ask.  As for games, I think I'm a pretty good source.

What games do you have for the Jag?  I can see you have AvP, so I'll just go with whatever else:

Jaguar

Tempest 2000 - the best there is, period.

Zool 2 - Personally (and people think I'm wacky, so maybe this isn't your best choice) Zool 2 is one of my favorite platformers.  It's insanely fast, and it requires a lot of quick thinking.  I love it. Your mileage may vary.

Flip Out - A wacky puzzler that I love.

Val D'Isre Skiing and Snowboarding - It isn't the "fun" snowboarding we get now from games like SSX and 1080.  It is pure racing action, and it's really quite good at that.

Attack of the Mutant Penguins - Rare and getting more expensive, but quirky and frustrating...  the best things to have in a puzzler!

Missile Command 3D - I'm not a huge fan of the original, but something about this game really grabbed me and I spent week after week trying to beat my best score.  I love it!

Jaguar CD

BattleMorph If you liked CyberMorph at all, you need to get the sequel that is about 1000 times better.

Vid Grid If you like "classic rock" and puzzle games, you'll really enjoy this game.  I sure do!

Iron Soldier II Bigger and better than the first, I adore this sequel!

Hopefully, that is a good starting place.  I wouldn't suggest Myst unless you haven't played it.  The Jaguar version is the best looking version of Myst, but it's Myst.  If you've never played it, it's pretty cool -- kinda a point-and-click adventure thing.  Blue Lightning is okay, but don't pay more than a couple bucks for it at most.  It is a very unimpressive title for the Jaguar in almost every way, and had no need to be a Jag CD game.

I see you have a new copy of Syndicate available. And also a copy(used) of Theme park with instructions. Those are some pretty competitive prices. I do believe I will be doing some trading with you shortly. :)

Defiantely Battesphere, Doom, Highlander, Tetris, Flipout, Pitfall, Raiden, Bubsy, Club Drive, what else? Maybe Breakout 2000, that was fun. Very Arkanoid like, and two player.. always like that.

Pyropong on Battlesphere Gold is also fun.

Liked some parts of American Hero. Can't get past the first 20 minutes... keep getting my neck injected by a needle and dying. >:)

Wish they would finish the Atari 2600 emulator. At least for Berzerk.

Doctor Clu