IGNORED

ATARI STYLE WOODGRAIN GBA SP

pmpddytim

With the activision Anthology coming out fro the GBA I thought I would let everyone know about this great product. It makes you GBA SP look like an ATARI 2600 for only around $5.00. Here is the link:

http://www.gbamod.com/itemdetails.php?PID=1940856883

I have one on my black SP and it looks sweet. I cant wait for the activision anthology to come out so I can take my vintage games on the road.

Tim

Yeah, I relized that the activision anthology came out the second I hit submit. I think I had a brain fart or somthing.

Someone said that they would get an SP if it came with woodgrain but "Stickers, Nah". They are actually pretty cool I order them thinking they would suck as well but I was suprised. You can take them off with out a problem and they dont come off on their own, they look pretty bad ass as well. And it has saved me many a scratches on the SP case.

Someone also said they prefered the regular GBA to the SP because it was compatible with more accessories and that they would get an afterburner if they wanted a backlit screen.Here is my take on it the only accesories I want on my Gameboy are a backlit screen and a rechargable battery. That said.

GBA $69.99 (new)

Rechargable Battery $14.99

Afterburner $18.99 (Cheapest price I found)

Grand total: $103.97

Then add up shipping costs for the afterburner, tax, and all the other accessories you want.......And voiding the waranty of the GBA by opening the case to install the afterburner.....I'll stick with Paying $99.99 for the SP which has everything I want already on it, no hassle no fuss.

Of course I do like the original GBA design with the screen in the center but I like that I can fit the SP in my pocket and take it to college and work.

Oh well. Different strokes.....

Sorry I went off about GBA's on an atari forum

Tim

The cool thing about the GBA SP, besides folding up to protect the screen, is the built-in light. You can actually play games anywhere, anytime and if the power ever goes out, you have 10 hours of emergency light. The GBA SP could be a life saver. No, not that kind of Life Saver. Take it out of your mouth. :D

Someone also said they prefered the regular GBA to the SP because it was compatible with more accessories and that they would get an afterburner if they wanted a backlit screen.

I think a number of people who prefer the original GBA over the SP enjoy the way the buttons are spaced and set up on the original. They find the SP's button configuration to be cramped for people with large hands. I still prefer the SP over the original for the reasons already mentioned (flip-top design and screen light) but I have to admit the regular GBA is more comfortable to hold.

I think a number of people who prefer the original GBA over the SP enjoy the way the buttons are spaced and set up on the original. They find the SP's button configuration to be cramped for people with large hands. I still prefer the SP over the original for the reasons already mentioned (flip-top design and screen light) but I have to admit the regular GBA is more comfortable to hold.

I got my boyfriend an SP for christmas so that really was the first time I've ever gotten to play with the Game boy SP. It's a tough call, I really love the backlit screen, though it does wash the colors out a bit, it's nice to just be able to play anywhere and not worry about positioning myself to get good lighting. And the flip top design is kinda nice too, but I think I'll stick with the Gameboy Advance regular because I do find it a whole lot more comfortable. My hands were cramping after just a couple of minutes of playing the SP.

The Afterburner kit is pretty good, but there are some disadvantages, such as voiding the warranty, getting dust on the screen, and breaking your screen. I know some people who really screwed up trying to install one, but once they got it working it's perfect.

Dont get me wrong, I love the design of the GBA too. The screen in the center and the button spacing are great, but personally I have had no hand cramping problems with the SP and I'm a pretty big guy, big hands, big feet....(Winks at ladies). I think its really a personal preference, you can debate which is better all day but nobody is gonna give. Its kinda like your 2600vcs preference. Personally I think the Heavy Sixers are the best and thats what I play on. But I know several people who will only play on Jrs and some that swear by the 4 switch.

Tim

"Mmmmm...Popeye's Chicken"

-Tim

I picked up some snap-on-handles by intec that help make the GBA SB a lot more comfortable to hold.

I also got intec's magnifying lens that make the screen much easier to see. The lens has a really slick fold-up feature that folds it against the backside of the screen and it has a protective cover for when it's folded up.

Both are the same cobolt blue that my GBA SP is. I picked them up at a CompUSA.

Yeah, I relized that the activision anthology came out the second I hit submit. I think I had a brain fart or somthing.

Someone said that they would get an SP if it came with woodgrain but "Stickers, Nah". They are actually pretty cool I order them thinking they would suck as well but I was suprised. You can take them off with out a problem and they dont come off on their own, they look pretty bad ass as well. And it has saved me many a scratches on the SP case.

Well, I've had controller stickers before. The pictures wear off after a while.

And for someone that doesn't like the SP(for a variety of reasons), ti's not worth the investment.

Someone also said they prefered the regular GBA to the SP because it was compatible with more accessories and that they would get an afterburner if they wanted a backlit screen.Here is my take on it the only accesories I want on my Gameboy are a backlit screen and a rechargable battery. That said.

GBA $69.99 (new)

Rechargable Battery $14.99

Afterburner $18.99 (Cheapest price I found)

Grand total: $103.97

Then add up shipping costs for the afterburner, tax, and all the other accessories you want.......And voiding the waranty of the GBA by opening the case to install the afterburner.....I'll stick with Paying $99.99 for the SP which has everything I want already on it, no hassle no fuss.

I need no light on my GBA. My eyes are freakishly sensitive, or I have a particularly good LCD, but I can see just fine.

BTW, the GBASP and Afterburner are frontlights.

And I'm using a 5$ pair of AA NiMh batteries. I don't count charger cost, because it's spread across many devices. Advantage of standard batteries is you can use the same charger for a LOT of stuff. Anything that uses AA or AAA batteries gets benefit. Even remote controls, due to my habit of stealing batteries from the nearest compatible device when something dies.

Beats the hell out of a proprietary LiIon pack, with it's 3 years from manufacture expiration.

Nintendo LIES when they say good for 10 years. Not assuming perfect care, not bending the truth, not tweaking the #s, just flat out LYING.

Under optimum conditions, 3 years from manufacture a modern LiIon pack has degraded to the point where it doesn't work anymore.

But that's just one gripe.

I also find it too thin to play comfortably, as well as too narrow. And the shoulder buttons are too far out. And there's no headphone jack.

I think that covers it. I DO like the feel of the buttons themselves, though.

Of course I do like the original GBA design with the screen in the center but I like that I can fit the SP in my pocket and take it to college and work.

I shove my regular GBA in my pants pocket.

Tight fit, but...

Those handles might be nice. I hope they don't fly off in mid-play and your GBA SP goes smashy, smashy.
They have pegs that fit into holes on the bottom of the GBA SB and some "snaps" that clip on the sides wherethe on/off and volumn controls are. It's actually a bit difficult to get off once connected.

The magnifier clips on really snuggly too, so much so that I'm afraid to try to take it off. At least it folds up nicely on the backside of the screen(the top when closed) so it can be out-of-the-way if you need it to be.