IGNORED

Corrections and other info

Rhindle The Red

I was just updating my database and found a few more title errors:

Spacechase from Apollo (not 'Space Chase')

G.I. Joe - Cobra Strike from P. Bros. (forgot the periods)

Fire Fly from Mythicon (not 'Firefly')

Maze Craze - A Game of Cops 'n Robbers from Atari (a long title, but you wanted accuracy)

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Death Star Battle from P. Bros. (see above)

probably therefore also:

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi - Ewok Adventure

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back by P. Bros (forgot the 'The')

Also, these titles came up multiple times, despite no difference in the listings (that I could see, anyway).

Fire Fighter by Imagic

Math by Sears

Pong Sports by Sears

Race by Sears

Finally, I sent you images of alternate labels for Space Shuttle by Activision and Spacechase by Apollo.

Thanks Rhindle! We'll make these changes in the database and they will be updated next week. I appreciate your attention to detail. Some of the titles with subtitles may be updated a bit later as we'll need to figure out a better way to display long titles gracefully, but they'll be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rhindle,

I've taken care of Space Chase, G.I. Joe, Fire Fly, and Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. I'll probably add some sort of "subtitle" field to the database that can be displayed on the Profile page for each game. The complete name can then appear on the Profile page for accuracy, and the shorter names can be used for the various list-style queries they appear in to keep things a bit neater.

As for Fire Fighter, Math, Pong Sports, and Race, that's actually working properly, although it's not obvious what's going on. Our database has the capability to associate different box styles with the same label style. In the case of Fire Fighter (and also Riddle of the Sphinx), there exist versions that are shrinkwrapped against a piece of cardboard with a yellow card (which is probably the manual but I haven't opened one of these). So in the rarity list, there's no discernable difference, unfortunately, since the same "box" icon is displayed for both entries. This is an area I need to work on, especially once we start adding more box styles. Fortunately it's only a problem with a few titles, so you're one of the few to have noticed it.

The same is true with Pong Sports and Race. These games, and several other Sears titles, came in normal boxes as well as Gatefold boxes. Since we don't have the normal or Gatefold boxes for these titles, both entries for them look identical. Confusing, yes. It's on my list of things to fix.

Thanks!!

..Al