IGNORED

attract mode

Csonicgo

what exactly is attract mode? I've heard it's where the colors in a game shift.... And I heard a lot of activision's games don't start shifting until a few minutes.... but atari games either never shift or start shifting immediately....

I bet this has been answered before but I really wanna know.

what was up with atttract mode? I don't think it would save your tv becasue it's still burning the image in the screen.

what exactly is attract mode? I've heard it's where the colors in a game shift.... And I heard a lot of activision's games don't start shifting until a few minutes.... but atari games either never shift or start shifting immediately....

I bet this has been answered before but I really wanna know.

"Attract Mode" is really a misnomer. An attract mode is what a videogame does when no one is playing to "Attract" players. You'll notice all arcade games do this. They'll show the game in action as a demo.

What the 2600 is doing is actually a screen-saver function (although some games have a real attract mode as well). By not displaying a constant image on the screen, but rather cycling through light and dark colors, the game is offering some protection against burn-in. The 2600 doesn't do this automatically, however. It's up to the programmer to integrate it into their code. Atari required that all their games do it, and other companies followed suit.

-Bry

oh. it's really neat though :)   I wonder what it would belike on acid..... :ponder:

assuming its hyrdrochloric acid it would probably dissolve like most everything else... :ponder:

I know the acid he is talking about, and it aint no hydrochloric :P I am past doing all that crazy shit though. :D