IGNORED

Microsoft Virtual PC

Dones

For those interested in DOS emulators, Microsoft just recently released their PC emulator called "Microsoft Virtual PC 2004". Not to advertise for them, but this could be used to load a virtual PC under windows XP and load it with an old copy of MS-DOS (or the freely available DR-DOS), Win3.x, Win98 or whatever you need to run your old game from a window or full screen. It is not free but it offers a 45 day trial.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/virtualpc/

Hmmm. I wonder what Connectix, makers of Virtual PC (a Windows emulator for Mac) for years, has to say about that.  :ponder:

Connectix worker: 'Anything you say Mr. Boss man Gates'

Microsoft brought Connectix, the Virtual PC page talks about it I believe.

Aw, hell. So much for future updates. God forbid any do anything with Windows but Microsoft. :x

Microsoft didn't buy Connectix, they just bought the Virtual product line. So Virtual PC for the Mac is now a Microsoft product, but everything else by Connectix is their own. Which doesn't mean much, the little software Connectix still has is old utilities for Mac OS 9. Now that OS 9's officially dead, so is the company. They don't have any means of income now.

They used to sell Virtual Game Station for the Mac (PSone emulation), but after the lawsuits, they just sold out to Sony, who immediately killed it. I had a copy. But I only ever had two games to play on it, and they both sucked with a keyboard instead of a controller.

• 2 weeks later...