IGNORED

Pitfall:The mayan Adventure question

Rocko

If you're talking about Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, then probably so. From what I understand, all the versions play the same.

Yep, I have the computer version and like it, and I was wondering about the jag. At least they didn't ruin harry by giving him a weird makeover, he is the same as the 8-bit one.

Actually it can't be the same Harry...because if you didn't know, the story in Pitfall: Mayan Adventure is that Harry Sr. was kidnapped. So you play Harry's son to go out and rescue dear ole Dad. However, most of the original game's concepts were kept intact. I still need to get a copy of this game for my Jaguar sometime. I could have picked up just about any version at any time, but feel the game should be played on a Jag.

You know how you dont see Harry Sr. In the first part? When you rescue him (Sr.) He looks exactly as he did on the 2600. I hate it when they give weird makeovers to old game people, but they didnt.

I know what you mean and I agree, it was a VERY pleasant suprise, my brother and I got a kick out of the ending. Good game. I don't know how it compares to the PC version, probably identical, on the box the Jag version claims to have redone all the animations and added a lot more than the Genesis&SNES version, but I've never played those versions so I can only assume it's a bit better than those...

You know how you dont see Harry Sr. In the first part? When you rescue him (Sr.) He looks exactly as he did on the 2600. I hate it when they give weird makeovers to old game people, but they didnt.

Hey there fellas, there may have been some people reading this who haven't gotten that far yet. :(