IGNORED

Is "The Dig" Web site out of commision?

starfighter1314

I've been hoping there would have been a news article on the homepage of AA about the relaunching of The Dig but I guess it wasn't newsworthy enough.

But it is up, as has been discussed, with the added benefit of providing an alternate browse/search interface from Biglist and when you download attachments the filename is preserved in the open-save dialogue.

In time I'll make the threaded message browser also.

If anyone has any of the old Atari Force images from The Dig I'd like to reuse them. The best I could come up with is the image I have on the splash page which isn't that hot.

I've been hoping there would have been a news article on the homepage of AA about the relaunching of The Dig but I guess it wasn't newsworthy enough.

It is definitely newsworthy enough, sometimes we miss interesting Atari-related items, though. With the new news submission system we put into place recently, it's a bit easier for us to keep tabs on news that people submit. I will post some news about it and also update the stale link in our links section. :)

..Al

With the new news submission system we put into place recently...

Hu? :? :? :?

We threw away the old news software we were using and wrote our own from scratch. News submissions go straight into a database now, where we can more easily keep track of and edit them. This also allowed us to add an RSS feed, and provides the foundation for many additional features down the road (which you'll see once we change over to the new forum software). Some additional information is here:

AtariAge RSS Feed and Searchable News Archive

..Al