IGNORED

7800 Modification

Mendon

I asked a couple questions over in the 2600 forum after seeing a couple 2600 auctions with a modification that allows you to hook up a 2600 using AV jacks. Here's one of the auctions: 2600

I'm really interested in having a setup like this since my gaming TV has AV jacks in the front. But I use my 7800 a lot more than my 2600 so perhaps it would be better to look for a 7800 rather than a 2600.

I was just wondering if anyone here does modifcations to the 7800 so that it can be connected using AV jacks? If so, perhaps we can talk about my paying to have this done by you. I could either ship you my 7800 and I'd pay for the mod plus all shipping; or if you have a 7800 already with the modification I could ship you mine plus some $$$ for yours, etc.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Mendon

I may be able to help you. I have this modification on my 7800 and it is essential in my opinion. The video is much better.

I just bought 3 7800's off of ebay. They are supposedly all non working and I plan on fixing all three. Once I fix them, i am going to add the Composite out (AV cables) to all three of them and resell them on ebay.

If you want i will be willing to Mod yours for you. I will get a cost on the parts as I cant remember exactly. I also modded my 2600 with a simple AV circuit and I was not impressed. I have found a much better circuit for the 7800 that gives super clear and vibrant colors but it uses twice the parts.

Here is the link of the circuit I used for the 7800 (and future 2600's). Works excellent.

http://www.geocities.com/atari7800mod/7800...mod_theory.html

http://

This circuit can be for S-Video or Composite. I tried both and they work good.

Let me know what you think.

Here is the link of the circuit I used for the 7800 (and future 2600's).  Works excellent.  

http://www.geocities.com/atari7800mod/7800...mod_theory.html

If you use this circuit be aware that one of the resistor values in the audio circuit is incorrect. R13 is listed as 1K ohm and it should be 18K ohm. If you use a 1K ohm resistor your sound on the "Pokey" games (Ballblazer and Commando) will be screwed up.

Mitch

yeah i am aware if it. It does not hurt anything. The resistor value is too low and any sound using the Pokey chip is about 1/2 as quiet. I was emailed by the original designer of this circuit and corrected my built circuit. The pokey sound now sounds just fine.