IGNORED

The ending to Beyond Good & Evil. Spoilers !

Cafeman

I haven't beaten the game yet, but I couldn't resist the temptation of reading this thread.  Oh well!

Anyway, I found myself just a little frustrated by the stealth action sequences you're forced to endure just after Pey'j gets kidnapped.  I hope that this was an isolated incident, because stealth action is the bane of my existence and I really don't want to have to suffer through more of that nonsense.  Geez, Ubi Soft... this isn't a Tom Clancy game.  Jade's got a mystical pole, dammit... let her use it to defend herself!

So far, the storyline seems pretty straightforward, although I haven't played enough of the game to encounter any major twists.  It appears that the DomZ work in the same manner as the Borg... they visit foriegn planets, infect the more influential and/or well-armed natives, then create an Alpha Sections army to eventually enslave the remainder of the citizens.  The reason the Alpha Sections don't want people to pearls as currency is because they're the DomZ's vital organs, and giving the pearls value would just encourage people to hunt and kill them.

Does anyone else get a Jim Henson vibe from this game?  Beyond Good and Evil looks like what might have happened if Henson had lived long enough to make a futuristic sequel to The Dark Crystal, or possibly Labyrinth.

JR

Actually it is possible to get past maybe 60-70% of the stealth sequences by a combination of stealth and fighting the guards. You just have to be real good to do it. By the time I figured out a reliable way to get them I found it easier just to sneak past them.

The exceptions are the levels with the sentry things, once a guard spots you your pretty much dead.

Shannon is absolutely correct on this. Remember you have a disk shooter on your wrist...use it..

Basically you can use that thing to send them on wild goose chases...also...their weak on thier tanks. Use the Disk shooter when they have their backs to you..if there are others in the area...they will come to his aid after trying to find you...then..you have them all with their backs turned...

When the tanks are hit..they are helpless ants running about....squish them quick...hehe...

For me the most frustrating part of the game..was the stupid airhockey like disc game. I thought I was never gonna beat Francis for that second pearl!!!

And then there is one stealth sequence with a senty turret and like 3 guards present. You have to be able to sneak past them all without being seen. Otherwise the turrent kicks in..and your a goner. Still, this was a very fun game..and my kids still like to watch me play this one from time to time now.

I gave up months and months ago when I got stuck in the stealth sequences where you're supposed to be taking "proof" photos of everything, even though I really loved this game's visual look, play control, and even the dialogue. So somebody explain something I've read throughout this whole thread more clearly - after the game ends, Pey'j turns evil in the closing credits? Jade rescues everybody, but then he goes bad as a cliffhanger after you've already won?

So somebody explain something I've read throughout this whole thread more clearly - after the game ends, Pey'j turns evil in the closing credits?  Jade rescues everybody, but then he goes bad as a cliffhanger after you've already won?
He goes bad because of the IMPLANT. Same implant your other sidekick had removed when you save him. But they for some reason didn't think Pey'j would have one. So they didn't check.

If you were an evil bad alien and you kidnapped the head of the group whose sole purpose is to destroy you, you'd use it as a trap for the rest of the group, too.

Try it again. Play it again. Finish it. Use a Walkthrough if you have to.

• 3 months later...

Resurrecting thread again because....da da dada!!! I finally got in the locker in the Akuda Bar! The problem I was having is once you enter your internet code at Ubi's site, you have to open the locker on that save. you can't save and then try to open it. So anyway... SPOILER AHEAD!!

If you haven't already opened it all you get is an MDisk, and the ability to play the Puck game against the XBox or another player. Not the extra mission I was hoping for, but at least I am that much closer to getting everything in this game!