IGNORED

activision centering

taylorcomm

Thats interesting, on some the right side is cut off too, like in stampede.

:idea: This was probably done to let the cattle smoothly (dis)appear behind the blacks bars without wasting precious CPU cycles for doing HMOVE every scanline. This trick works only for games that don't use the blocky playfield graphics.

But on others not only is it off center to the right, but it also seems there is more black space on the top than the bottom

:idea: It is completely up to the programmer where the visible screen should start and stop. Maybe he needed some connected extra cycles for off screen calculations and therefore shifted the screen slightly down.

Thats interesting, on some the right side is cut off too, like in stampede.

I don't know if a single VCS may be the problem. I have a second 2600 as a back-up, but I hardly ever use it because it produces a "white noise" in the volume when its on, and all the games are shifted the right alot. My main VCS does not produce any of those symptoms. ?

Don't know if it's the system or a simple hardware problem I'm not aware of.

Oh, and Stampede...I just plunked down about 4 hours of play last night on that one.