IGNORED

Warner logo on 7800's

liquid_sky

2 possibilities on this.

Either these are some of the 84' era made 7800s that didn't get released until 86 or possibly were picked up in 84. If so they should have expansion ports on the side...with the actual port and not just a hole.

Or...most likely...

Atari was using up some old labels they had laying around to save on supply costs. I don't believe mine has the Warner label..as it was purchased in 88. But as well all know...I have an 84 model main board inside my 88' made unit. Yeap..double checked...no Warner logo on mine.

I bet they were using up old labels they had on hand for these..

;)

Well.. I have a '86 version with expansion port but no WC on the label, however, the box for it does have a WC logo and a Atari Corp long thin sticker cover the 1984 copyright.

Me thinks they just whatever they had left in inventory to build some of these.

Karl,

You are correct.... Atari manufactured approx 5K of 7800's in May-June 84 and in July 84 the company was sold and that stock, along with more parts in the El Paso assembly plant were all mothballed until 86' at which time manufacturing resumed, and whatever "leftovers" were used and sold. The original 84' boxes stated that the Console was upgradeable to a computer with option keyboard. A sticker was placed over that blurb on the 84' boxes released in 86'

So all of the New old Stock was sold off as was countless thousands of 800XL's, 1050 disk drives and anything else already manufactured and sitting around when the company was sold.

Curt