IGNORED

New Atari Site you may or may not like.

Atari Charles

Hi,

I'm really new to the forum as a member but I have been really interested in the Atari 2600 and its games for almost 20 years now(I grew up with it!). I've gotten into collecting a few of the titles, not by rarity but by what I like. And yes, believe it or not, I actually like E.T.(Except those pits).

I've recently put up an Atari site of my own called, "Atari 2600 Duds" which looks at the not so popular games made for the Atari 2600. There will be a few interviews coming in the next few weeks by famous and infamous(depending on how you look at it) Atari programmers and even an indepth look at that Atari burial site where many ET and Pac-Man crtridges meet their doom.

It's at: http://worldzone.net/computers/atari2600duds/

So check it out(it's still a work in progress) and feel free to sign and write your comments in the guestbook.

Atari Charles

post-4697-1075056809_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I'm shocked that the bandwidth limit was exceed so quickly. Doh!

I guess you'll have to wait. Hmmm. I may have to find a site with more bandwidth.

Anyone know of any free sites that offer more bandwidth?

Thanks!

Here's an attachment to give you a temporary fix(until an hour has elapsed).

post-4697-1075059982_thumb.jpg

I've actually been in email communication with Howard and if all goes well, we will have an interview with him posted on the site in roughly a weeks time. He is aware of the sites satirical nature(as I included a url with my email to him) so I think things will be fine. :wink:

It must have been hard living in that bunker with ET right next door. ;)

I have emailed the webhost for my site to find out what constitutes going over bandwidth. My site isn't graphically intense so I don't really see how it could have been done. Unless... unless it's that damnable ET screwing with things again.(E.T. was totally unwilling to do an interview after seeing the picture). :D

If any of you have ideas for the site, let me know on here or via email. Also if any of you know an easy to use webhosting site that is free an give a lot of bandwidth, let me know.

Thanks.

Would you really help out E.T. after you (the player) keep getting stuck in those super-deep pits!?

After you play it a few times, you discover that you can catch yourself before you fall too far. Even when dropping into a well to get something, I catch myself, then float down.

About this page:

http://worldzone.net/computers/atari2600du...s/pac-man.shtml

The text color is a little hard to read. You might want to darken it a bit. You might want to run your text through a spell checker. I use Namo WebEditor to make my pages and it has a built-in spell check, but if you don't have anything like that, here's an online spell checker that is easy to use:

http://www.spellcheck.net/

Just copy your text, paste it into the big text box and hit the "SpellCheck Text" button and see what you get.

You might also want to know that there should be a space before you use the first parenthesis. So instead of ". . . the rest of his cartridges(see E.T. section)" it would look like this, ". . . the rest of his cartridges (see E.T. section)." Paragraphs are also easier to read with a blank line between them instead of being all smashed together like a book.

If you have a little money, you can get a great site at Yahoo for only $12 a month. You get 20GB of bandwidth a month, 50MB of space, your own domain name, and so on. That's more than enough for most people:

http://website.yahoo.com/

I get between 500 to 900 unique visitors a day (thousands of page hits a day) and I never even use half of my bandwidth. If you need any web design tips, feel free to check out my Web Design Deodorizer:

http://www.randomterrain.com/web-design.html

Edited by Random Terrain

Your site 503'ed right before I got through the whole thing. I did see the E.T. page, but that was all. I think you should take into account what cave... er 'Random Terrain' said, paying a few bucks really makes the site worth it, and I dont think Yahoo! puts banner ad's everywhere or anything like that. Good luck with your interveiwing!

Yes, ideally I should get a paid webspace provider, but for now I have to stick with the free ones. I noticed there were about 50 visitors to the site so that may explain it. I emailed the webhost so hopefull they can fill me more how it works etc.

Yes, spell check. I've notice d a few gramatical and spelling errors here and there that I'll have to fix. Good point about the PAC-MAN text being too light in color. And then there is the spacing between paragraphs that I'll be putting in.

In the future I'd like to learn more Atari 2600 code and actually make the Pac-Man Sea Feast game as a rom and then later as a cartridge.

I am going to add a link section which will have Atari(and some non-Atari links) that will prove useful and entertaining.

Another portion of the site is going to be Atari Babes. No, it isn't Custer's Revenge but real pictures of real women who are attractive and wearing Atari clothes. Yes, it's sexist but I have to think 1980's style when it comes to this site. Feel free to email me your pics of for posting.

I don't think anyone outside of Atari has discovered the exact location of the infamous landfill . Who knows, by now, maybe there are houses built there. I do suspect that not all the items that were buried were destroyed by the steam roller. when Atari did this(in the middle of the night), I think it was a rushed job and I doubt they made sure that everything was entirely destroyed. I think there are intact cartridges, mindlink systems, etc intact or with minor damage.

I will do more research to find out the exact location for you all, so that way you can make the journey there yourself. Who knows, if Atari becomes collectible enough, the remains may be exumed.

Thanks for all your feedback and again feel free to sign the guestbook.