IGNORED

Easiest/Toughest Acti. games to "patch" on?

tiggerthehun

Now that I finally have a lazy afternoon, I'd like to go after a few more patches on my AA anthology. I thought that the patch for Grand Prix, level 4 was the easiest one thus far - well, once I learned to make good use of the brakes. (Damn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!!!) Just wondering what your opinions are on the easiest and/or hardest patches to get.

i figured out how to do stampede

allow the brown slow cows to stay on the top two and bottom two rows

dont rope them

this will alllow the middle two rows open for faster cows and bulls, and you can quickly get the patch score

now for top top scores, this probably will not work, but on AA for GBA or PS2 it will get the job done nicely 8)

I have always had trouble with Stampede (chrisbid, maybe I'll try your technique,) so that one is the hardest for me. I've never put any effort into Space Shuttle, so I'll have to take the other forumites word on that one. I've also yet to achieve "patch score" on Crackpots, I'm just short of the necessary 75,000.

As far as easy. . . I don't find many of the others too difficult, but here are a few that come to mind as being rather simple:

Freeway

Tennis

Ice Hockey

I have always had trouble with Stampede (chrisbid, maybe I'll try your technique,) so that one is the hardest for me. I've never put any effort into Space Shuttle, so I'll have to take the other forumites word on that one. I've also yet to achieve "patch score" on Crackpots, I'm just short of the necessary 75,000.

As far as easy. . . I don't find many of the others too difficult, but here are a few that come to mind as being rather simple:

Freeway

Tennis

Ice Hockey

Keystone Kapers is the first one that I unlocked on the GBA version. The slight slowdown might help a bit, though it's hard sometimes to make quick moves with that tiny D-pad... (I have an SP, so it really is small.)

Give this one a try. Once you get a couple of timings down, you can go far.

Kaboom is merciless. I don't see how it's possible to get the patch on the GBA version of AA.

I'm doing pretty well on the rest, although since I never played Stampede before, it's giving me fits. Barnstorming took me a solid evening to get the patch.

Tennis and Ice Hockey are probably the easiest. (Tennis is a breeze, once you figure out where to stand when returning serves.)

Plaque Attack was the first patch I got -- think I've still got it in a shoebox or something somewhere. IIRC it was a score of 35,000 that did it; took me a few weeks of playing to do it, and after that I almost always beat that score on every game.

This is one game I intend to re-buy one of these days and see if I still enjoy it now as much as I did over 20 years ago...

I found it impossible to get the Tennis patch and had a very hard time with Barnstorming.  Other than those two, I didn't have too much difficulty getting the patches on the AA or the PS2.

Tennis is very tough if it gets switched to difficulty "A". You really have no way of knowing when this happens until you cannot hit any volleys at sharp angles and the computer easily returns everything you've got. Play it on "B" and earn your patch!

Plaque Attack was the first patch I got -- think I've still got it in a shoebox or something somewhere. IIRC it was a score of 35,000 that did it; took me a few weeks of playing to do it, and after that I almost always beat that score on every game.

This is one game I intend to re-buy one of these days and see if I still enjoy it now as much as I did over 20 years ago...

I had never played Plaque Attack until I reacquired my Atari last year. As I loved Megamania, I find Plaque Attack to be even better a game.

i figured out how to do stampede

allow the brown slow cows to stay on the top two and bottom two rows

dont rope them

this will alllow the middle two rows open for faster cows and bulls, and you can quickly get the patch score

Ive been trying this but I just cant crack it. Stampede has me beaten :(

I always end up either letting one of the rows at the top slip by or hitting the black cow thing. Grrr. Stampede is going back in the box I grudgingly dragged it from earlier today. And its staying there for the sake of my health.