IGNORED

2600 conversions you'd like to see

dr. kwack

So I was looking thru my carts today and was really kind of amazed at the Conversions that were done during the "revival" or "red box" era- Road Runner, Crossbow, Xenophobe, Rampage, Double Dragon, Ikari Warriors, Klax, and so on...

Some were good, others sucked, but I started to wonder if Atari had plans to put any others out during that time and they just never made it or were deemed impossible.

So- what arcade games of the mid to late 80's would you have liked to see on the 2600? They can be titles you think the Atari could handle or just complete wishing.

Feel free to include mock-up labels or screen shots if so desired. Put me down for:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Food Fight

Rolling Thunder

Tag Team Wrestling

The Empire Strikes Back (yeah I know not many enjoy this game, but I do!)

I don't feel like looking it up, but I began a thread on this a while back, and expect to get the same answers . . .

And I still stand by Lady Bug and Bullfight as the two most glaringly obvious omissions in the 2600 library. They could easily be done, they were owned by companies who produced 2600 titles (Coleco and Sega, respectively), and yet we do not have them . . .

Now, if it involved complete wishing (and a whole bunch of Andrew Davie's slick TIA wizardry):

Chiller (Heck, the 2600 made a decent game that called itself Crossbow)

Afterburner (I wonder if you could turn Spitfire Attack into it, actually)

Duck Hunt (No, not the one the 2600 already has. :) If only so there'd be a second cool gun game)

Turn It Around (Is someone working on this for MAME yet? I have to try it after Scott's review)