IGNORED

I found the alternative to eBay for videogames etc. !!!

CPUWIZ

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean any email address that appears valid, or any email address that can be verified?  How does eBay's policy differ?

I could only register at eBay Germany by using my former company's account. Yahoo.de and Web.de didn't work, because those addresses couldn't be verified (who is the person behind those addresses?).

IMO allowing any email address may attrack fraudsters.

BTW: Web.de addresses are being verified, you have to go to the post office and show your passport before your account gets activated. Yahoo.de addresses are still NOT verified.

I'm not sure what you mean.  Do you mean any email address that appears valid, or any email address that can be verified?  How does eBay's policy differ?

I could only register at eBay Germany by using my former company's account. Yahoo.de and Web.de didn't work, because those addresses couldn't be verified (who is the person behind those addresses?).

BTW: Web.de addresses are being verified, you have to go to the post office and show your passport before your account gets activated. Yahoo.de addresses are still NOT verified.

My friend just signed up and emailed me and said the site is now requiring credit card (not optional) to complete registering, so they must've activated the credit card processing, the site is doing SSL during sign-up and the cert is valid, so if they are requiring a cc, then that's gonna weed a fraudulent signups.

Curt

My friend just signed up and emailed me and said the site is now requiring credit card (not optional) to complete registering, so they must've activated the credit card processing, the site is doing SSL during sign-up and the cert is valid, so if they are requiring a cc, then that's gonna weed a fraudulent signups.

Glad I already signed up (just checked, my account is still valid) because I don't have a credit card. :)

Was that changed due to me? :?

Curt

Hmm I just signed up and it had the credit card info as "optional"

:ponder:

I signed up and bid on the 5200 Star Trek..  :)

(and yes, I have the $$$ for it :) )

You outbid me ya b&st&rd!!! :P :P :D :D

Kinda neat, I got an outbid notice and the email took me right to the auction if I wanted to bid again, not too shabby....

Curt

You outbid Kenny!  You Bastard!

I signed up and bid on the 5200 Star Trek..  :)

(and yes, I have the $$$ for it :) )

You outbid me ya b&st&rd!!! :P :P :D :D

Kinda neat, I got an outbid notice and the email took me right to the auction if I wanted to bid again, not too shabby....

Curt

After you outbid me on it. :x :P

I got the outbid notice too and it looked good (for once). :D