IGNORED

Problems with two controllers on sega genesis with clue game

My wife and her sister was playing clue the other day and it was the first time they had two controllers pluged in. Well they both went haywire. I was freaking out because the good controllers are on top of the pile while the one bad controller was on the bottom. Something I need to look into. Now I believe this can support a muti-tap for four joysticks. Do I need this to not cause a problem with two joysticks. On another note I went back and tested each button and both joysticks seperatly with another game and they worked just fine. Perhaps that is the problem. I'll have to try both of them again with another mutiplayer game. Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks......

Genesis eh? That's going to get hairy because there are 3 different versions of multitap adapters. There's a Sega version that works with Sega games and some 3rd party games. A second version works only with other 3rd party games (EA?) and finally a third version that works with all 4 plkayers games. Which multitap are you using?

Oddity: a 3rd party company choose to avoid this headaches and released a J-Cart, a cart with 2 joystick port built in so multitap isn't needed.

I checked the manual for CLue, it doesn't make any mention of multitap so it's just 2 controllers for up to 6 players. When you tried the game on different Genesis, did you use different AC adapter or used the same one? It could be your adapter's failing and 2 controllers is taking too much. Or it may be jujst your game.

Well it is the only game acting up. Everything else works just fine on the system. I wasn't really considering the power supply as more the genesis itself. It is a genesis II. I would have to dig an original out of the box downstairs to see if the game clears up. I can try another power supply.

Thanks for the help so far

laters....

Are these the regular stock genesis controllers or something else?

Controlls with with turbo, auto-fire, macros, and so on can cause odd problems sometimes.

I have a 3rd party controller for my Dreamcast with all 3 of those features, but even with them all turned off, the controller will not work with certain things (most emulators for example, the game select menus won't work correctly (if at all)). But for other things, it works fine.

Maybe something simmilar is happening here? :ponder:

One controller is a third party and the other one is a controller from I beleive a sega genesis 3. I picked it up at the thrift store. The controller is a sega controller. I checked the button. I got a older three button sega controller that came with the original genesis. I can give that a shot even though the c button is acting up. AKA needs to be cleaned. :)

Laters......

Well I got a chance to try that original 3 btn controller. Then back to the two six btn controllers. The 3 btn controller moved the peice on the clue board a step at a time. The 6 btn controllers just about slide the peice across the game board. I honestly don't know what one is correct (Can some one tell me.). But when you go and run the options. The 3 btn that works slower is nicer so your not flying around on the screen. Well their is a short pause to each one. Not like the 3btn though. Good solid press right and get one space move right action.

Laters.

Thanks you for the help.