IGNORED

What do you find yourself collecting more for then others?

What do you find yourself collecting more for then others? Like depending on location, etc, what game systems you find yourself collecting alot of?

For me it's NES for somereason- not just for my collections but for gaming too. Planning to get a couple games sometimes soon at Gamestop (Rad Racer 2 and Crystalis) and maybe pick up random stuff for mostly trade bait purposes. Maybe go all out on NES collecting, who knows!

My collecting habits have been kind of scattered lately. I've basically been looking to fill some holes in my classic gaming collection. I'm looking to start taking an inventory of my NES collection and focusing on that in the near future.

I started out collectng for the 5200, then branched out to the 2600, 7800, Arcadia 2001, Astrocade, Odyssey2, and Intellivision. With the exception of a few ultra rare titles and label variations for the 2600, and a few odds and ends for the Astrocade, I have complete collections for most of those systems.

After the NES, I'm not sure where I'll focus my collecting. Perhaps I'll go for some of the expensive 2600 ttles or turn my attention to the Vectrex, or perhaps I'll stop collecting entirely :ponder:

Everytime I go looking (Which isn't nearly often enough anymore...). I usually just look at 2600, Genesis, GameGear, & SMS. That is about all I can find in abundance. Occasionally I run across some Lynx games, or 5200 stuff I don't have. The rarest has to be the 7800 as that beast never did well at all around here. Plenty of NES and that is probably why I don't collect it. There isn't much hunt in finding the good NES stuff. I could get just about any NES title I wanted now...provided I wanted to really pay the prices for them. So, I hold off on it for now. The Genesis is also in abundance...but unlike the NES, I still play my Genny from time to time and really consider it my #2 all time favorite console.

8)

im also a follower of cheap

when given a wide variety, i tend to go for titles of the systems that are harder to find in the wild. SMS, TG16, Atari systems other than the 2600, etc. After that, its the cheap stuff from companies i like on the more readily available systems. Rarely will i buy rare games, unless im itching to play a particular one (like panzer dragoon saga) or if i find a steal of a price on it.

Not really. I've been buying Gamecube games recently cause I just got one for xmas. But I still buy games gor my GBA (just upgraded to an SP. so cool). I havent boughten any NES games since last summer cause I cant find any good ones for decent prices. too bad I've got problems with the lame assed clerk at 4jays, my collection was starting to round out finally

It used to be that I collected for the 2600 more so than anything else... but finding 2600 stuff that I don't already have (and without using eBay) is becoming hard. It seems like all I find now is Asteroids, E.T., and Combat.

For the last 8 months or so, there hasn't been any real emphasis on any system in particular.

--Zero

I'll generally go out looking for a specific system. But failing that...I usually try to go to one of my consistent places where I can pick up 5-6 NES games for $10. Then I hit the used CD bins...

Although I know I don't get to the good used bins (I've never been to Used Kids...the place to go in Columbus...) but FYE has really impressed me lately with insanely great quality, and cheap prices!!!

But I digress, right now, the NES is the only system I'm finding. My Genny collection has stalled, and I can't find any of the fun stuff right now...

Well when I started of last year I was just picking up a bunch of lots for all kinds of systems. But recentally I've kinda settled into the modern consoles since the price of a lot of titles have been between $5-$20. Especially clearance items.

Still trying to decide whether to pursue boxed only stuff for the older systems. Been kinda leaning towards working on dreamcast and PS1. Especially while some of the PS1 stuff is still around.

Well I just got my vectrex a week ago and when I pick up the multicart that will conclude my collecting with that system. I have enough 2600 games to make me happy and all I erally want from that is custers revenge. I think the next system im going to hit will either be coleco vision or the 5200 which ever one is better. the next thing I buy for a modern game system will be halo 2 and a network thingy.