IGNORED

Strange Donkey Kong Lable???

MattyXB

I won at this moment a very strange Donkey Kong Lable. Look here:

GAME/DONKEY KONG/2600

Does someone know, from which country this version is? Thats no german version. I own 3 Donkey Kongs from germany, and know some more, with diffrent case color. But this lable I have never seen before.

That has near the same text, as the NTSC version, but diffrent lable and case. Maybe from england???

Someone know this lable ???

quote:

Originally posted by Philflound:

Looks like the red has been faded, as if it had been sitting in the sun. Anyone else agree?

If you take a look at both labels side-by-side (here's the US Coleco label), you'll see that it's definitely a different label, just from the size alone. Also, it appears to be on an Atari-style cart, as opposed to the unique carts that Coleco used here in the US. Would be interesting to know the story behind this cart. Given the seller is in Germany, it's very likely a European-released cart.

..Al

The Donkey Kong versions I know, are all diffrent. And the text is the same as on the NTSC version.

On the german version never stand Sears. When I get it, I will maybe get more info. If this is NTSC or PAL.

But this is not from germany I think.

I get it today, here a better picture with endlable:

donkeykongcoleco.jpg

The Lable is the same as the NTSC version here:

Donkey Kong AtariAge NTSC

Only that the red is white. And its not a white case, its black. But I know no Europe version with COLECO on the Lable and with this text lable. The german versions look diffrent.

Maybe UK?

I think its PAL, I have the same colors I think.

Another difference: Your Donkey Kong has a separate end label instead of the wraparound label of the NTSC release. That rules out the possibility your cart is merely the NTSC release with a faded or miscolored label.

I don't know what it is, though I doubt very much that it is a pirate.

Ben