IGNORED

ST Power Cable

Tempest

I have this strange "split" power supply cable I've been using with my ST's. It came with my TT030 and appears to be two power cables in one (one male wall plug, but two female plugs on the end). It seems to work just fine for powering my monitor and system, but I'm curious if I'm not robbing my ST of necessary voltage. Is this kind of cable ok, or am I going to somehow fry my system.

Tempest

I wouldn't think that your cable would cause any problems. If it is as you describe it, then it is merely a double adaptor style cable. In any case this will provide equal and ample voltage + current to both devices. I wouldn't stress to much.

Basicly it is the same as the power feed through for the monitor seen on many PC power supplies. Since the Atari didn't support that kind of thing on their models i guess someone came up with this solution. It won't rob anything from your ST. If you would use 2 cables, it would take 2 wallsockets but it would still draw it's power from the same source.