IGNORED

Classic Gaming Yuppies.......

My freind Chairmonkey4406 and I started the classic gaming craze at our school. At the beginning of the year I was made fun of because of my choice of gameplay. Now, him and I are always asked questions regarding anything to do with classic gaming. So many kids act like they know about atari and stuff, but I think they have no idea when I convinced one kid that atari used to make cars. He beleived it for a week, but he just sounded dumb telling people that atari used to make cars, so i set him straight. Well, anyways my freind and I are getting tired of all these wantabe classic gamers. We have nothing wrong with people wanting to play old systems or start doing so, but come on, kids who never heard of atari making the atari fuji for their clay project in art after they saw it on chairmonkey4406's shirt??? Thats pretty wack. Well anyways I was mad about this soooo Atariage was the only one within 900 feet. Give me your thoughts!

My guess is Rick Weis. :)

Yeah, with everything 1983 suddenly being hip again, there are poseurs everywhere . . . But I can't believe someone thought for a second that Atari made cars . . .

Sheesh. Everybody knows they avoided the auto market in favor of the even more lucrative personal blimp sector . . . :)

I know for a fact that I am the only classic game COLLECTER at my skool. I have a few Atari, Nintendo shirts ect, and people come up to me and say 'I have that game, I havn't play it in forever, I think I'll dig it up when I get home' Plus, whenever I talk about something cool I have, people chime in and say 'I have one of those!' So, atleast I inspire people to play their own old consoles. The only people who know that I go to this site are the ones that sat next to me in my programming class, as I spent a LOT of time here =P

WOW!  A car with "Image Hosted By Tripod" emblazoned across the side?  I remember when it used to just say "Body By Fisher."   :D

copy & paste the link to your browser the picture will show up then.

That still didn't work. Try this...after you copy/paste, or even just click the link, delete all the end stuff so all it reads is conjtv.tripod.com

Then you'll get a page of pics to choose from.

My freind Chairmonkey4406 and I started the classic gaming craze at our school. At the beginning of the year I was made fun of because of my choice of gameplay. Now, him and I are always asked questions regarding anything to do with classic gaming. So many kids act like they know about atari and stuff, but I think they have no idea when I convinced one kid that atari used to make cars. He beleived it for a week, but he just sounded dumb telling people that atari used to make cars, so i set him straight. Well, anyways my freind and I are getting tired of all these wantabe classic gamers. We have nothing wrong with people wanting to play old systems or start doing so, but come on, kids who never heard of atari making the atari fuji for their clay project in art after they saw it on chairmonkey4406's shirt??? Thats pretty wack. Well anyways I was mad about this soooo Atariage was the only one within 900 feet. Give me your thoughts!

Eh, it's always frustrating when your hobby--that NO one wanted anything to do with before--suddenly becomes the hot new thing--just take comfort in the fact that it's just a fad for most of these kids, and in about two weeks, no one will care. Me? I'd be happy if people had latched on to my hobby, and kept asking me questions. As it was, (with the exception of my art class) I was either left alone or, in the case of college, mocked long after I had dropped out (My former friends apparently do a great impression of me pushing my glasses up my nose and "talking about gaming"). Oh, in HS, I had an Atari shirt that I wore all the time, and one day this underclassman boy shows up with the same one, being cool, wearing this shirt he got at the mall--and then notices me wearing it's duplicate. You could see his face fall. It was wonderful.

Just DON'T tell any of these kids about AA. :D

Get over yourselves and your false sense of coolness. So you heard about Atari before your classmates? Well I guess you should wear a crown cause you're so awesome. Look at all of your tastes in music, clothes, movies, etc. I guess you were the first to get into all of that.

People have to hear about things somewhere. Soemone has to be first and someone last. Who cares. I used to feel cool because I discovered Nirvana before "nevermind." BFD. I happened to get my hands on independent albums, something which most people didn't have time for. Meanwhile I didn't start wtaching the Simpsons until after they became a hit on the Tracy Ullman Show, so I guess I was just following the herd there.

When it comes to people who pretend to like the popular thing just to fit in, welcome to the human race. It will never end and become even worse after they become adults.

I don't think I'm cool at all for liking Atari. It's that people who like 2 weeks ago were bashing Atari are now saying that they want Ataris. People who have never played an Atari are saying it's the best system ever (how I know that they've never played one is because I asked and they said no.). I'm all for people getting into Atari (but that would suck too becuase prices in my area are already going up) because it would be cool to have a big community and talk about it with people I know.

In case you havent noticed or cant read Chairmonkey4406 is my classic gaming buddy at school. What he said about this kid copying everything we do is sooooo true. I could take a comb wipe my anal region with it and use it on my hair and he would do it too. Man...He would probably lick it for some brownie points too. :roll:

In case you havent noticed or cant read Chairmonkey4406 is my classic gaming buddy at school. What he said about this kid copying everything we do is sooooo true. I could take a comb wipe my anal region with it and use it on my hair and he would do it too. Man...He would probably lick it for some brownie points too. :roll:

:|

I made a webpage for my final HTML project (I already knew HTML so I got to play around with Linux along with 2 other people). It was about Atari. After I showed it, everybody was like "Why do you like Atari so much?". I'm like "Uhh... XBox?". Their like "XBox... gggooooooooddd". I mean, they even have a Halo compittition after school on Friday.

Edit: Spelling! I had a brain warp there

Get over yourselves and your false sense of coolness.  So you heard about Atari before your classmates?  Well I guess you should wear a crown cause you're so awesome.  Look at all of your tastes in music, clothes, movies, etc.  I guess you were the first to get into all of that.  

People have to hear about things somewhere.  Soemone has to be first and someone last.  Who cares.  I used to feel cool because I discovered Nirvana before "nevermind."  BFD.  I happened to get my hands on independent albums, something which most people didn't have time for.  Meanwhile I didn't start wtaching the Simpsons until after they became a hit on the Tracy Ullman Show, so I guess I was just following the herd there.  

When it comes to people who pretend to like the popular thing just to fit in, welcome to the human race.  It will never end and become even worse after they become adults.

AMEN!!! Really, indie-snobbishness should not be in play here, but it seems to be. Why, because, well, unless you're Nolan Bushnell, you weren't first. And in their case, millions of people had 2600s before these two were even born. Maybe when the early-80s retro craze VH-1 helped spawn dies off, the good common games I don't have would stop selling for inflated prices . . . 3 dollars for Combat, ecch.

Note: I lived in Omaha for a while, and this was over 5 years ago . . . I never found any 2600 stuff of note, although it seemed that Colecovisions weren't hard to come by there . . . Do y'all know where you could pick up a working CV and some commons cheap? There's trade potential here.

I don't think I'm cool at all for liking Atari. It's that people who like 2 weeks ago were bashing Atari are now saying that they want Ataris. People who have never played an Atari are saying it's the best system ever (how I know that they've never played one is because I asked and they said no.).

Basically, you are describing Reverse-Fanboyism.

Yet another made-up term from Jasoco. The makers of "Assholic" and "Shamboozle". And the definition of "Yoshi".

I could take a comb wipe my anal region with it and use it on my hair and he would do it too. Man...He would probably lick it for some brownie points too. :roll:
:o :o :o :o :woozy: