IGNORED

picture contest

jahfish

ok, i will send you some starnge pictures, but even if i win: please give the price and specially the title of "most obscure item" to this guy who build a 2600 console into his VW scirocco. that's one of today's last heroes. give him the price! now or after the contest, whatever ... ;-)

greetings

fish

Could you imagine when he finally sells the car? "Fully Loaded! Complete with in-dash Atari 2600!" It certainly is cool seeing all these neat hardware projects so many years after the system's demise.

I can see the newspaper headlines now if the guy was to get in an accident while driving his car and playing the 2600 (not that he would be foolish enough to do such a thing),

"ATARI CAUSES WRECK ON I95"

"PAC-MAN INJURES 20!"

..Al

yes, i am thinking of more variations ....

- a toilet with built in paddles and a screen on the wall

- a pocketsize game that you can open up like the small motorola mobile phones

- in addition to this, a small joystick where the stick can be screwed of and slide in on the side, like the pen on the palm.

- put all this antique technology on a very small card including all games, so that you can insert it into the base of a remote control joystick and instead of the antenna, just have a cable going directly to the TV. how great would that be? the "all-in-one joystick. it would be similar to the megaboy with 256 games on it .... but i don't think we need to discuss the visual and feeling difference. that's a good project for the VCSp guys .... let them know ...

- similar to the romcharger, a TV set that you fix directly on the console, maybe even a tft-screen to make it lighter and smaller ...

- have you seen the plastic case in my "storage" posting? why take out the console ? ... let's have a samsonite with a powercable on the back. open up and you're smiling at the build-in tft-screen, in the bottom case, you choose from 50 carts that you can insert directly on the side. or will they be allready connected because the whole bottom part is a mega-game-brain? hot sh***

now post some more ideas ..... maybe one of these things will be built ...

• 1 year later...
I can see the newspaper headlines now if the guy was to get in an accident while driving his car and playing the 2600 (not that he would be foolish enough to do such a thing),

well this is so far the only thing we worked on. on the way back from cge, albert has tried browsing his pics while driving .... he didn't make it it yet to play vcs on gis laptop .... so we still need to practise ....

:D :D :D