IGNORED

Questions for Carl/Songbird

Mendon

Hey Carl... just received Skyhammer and Hyperforce and while I have only played each for about 5min (checked them out late last night and work comes early in the morn) both look to be INCREDIBLE games! Congrats on the quality job you have done with both the games and the packaging!

I got a couple questions for you:

A) I have Protector SE (not the original) and you put a nice Songbird logo at the beginning of it. I didn't see that logo in either Skyhammer or Hyperforce. Was there a reason you didn't include it? Just curious.

B) In the manual (yes, there are some of us weirdo's out here who do read the instruction books) it shows a picture of an overlay. Mine didn't have one; was one included with the game?

From the short time I played the games, Hyperforce appears to be the game I'll spend more time with, just because I prefer platformers. Love the graphics and it seems to have excellent control. Hyperforce is a game that you can get into quickly and become addicted to.

Skyhammer, on the other hand, appears to be much more involved with a lot of strategy and options available. If I hadn't read the manual I would never have known that the keypad was used for so many different control functions. Appears to have a huge area to explore with many varied missions and powerups and will take many, many hours to play.

Again, Congrats on the excellent releases and Thanks for your continued support of us Atari people!

Mendon

Thanks for the kind words, Al! In response to your questions:

A. Yes, there's a reason. I actually wrote a significant portion of the code on Protector and Protector SE, so it was easy to include my logo. I didn't have any source code for the other games I licensed, so I had to publish them as-is, although I did do a slight edit on Skyhammer, for example, to include Songbird in the text credits.

B. Skyhammer does not include a separate overlay, but I knew fans would like one, so I included an accurate-sized overlay in the manual. I did produce some Skyhammer overlays a year or more after the game was shipped, but only a very small quantity and I usually sell these at the game expos.

Keep enjoying that Jaguar!

Thanks much for the response, Carl; much appreciated!!

If I go to CGE this year (which will depend on whether its still in Vegas) I'll make sure to look up your booth again and see if you have any of the overlays for Skyhammer. You got over $200 from me this past CGE, whats a few dollars more amongst friends?? :D

I'll keep enjoying the Jag and you keep releasing the good titles!

Mendon