IGNORED

Too many consoles for the market to support?

oesii

Found this ad over at a new atari site: http://www.atarimania.com

I like it when people complain that there are too many consoles in the market. I think that when they get around $100-150 it's easy enough to pick them all up :)

My favorite part of this ad is how they count the Atari 600xl, 400, and 800 (or even the 5200) as different machines. I'm sure the code for those games were very different :D

post-1503-1075922373_thumb.jpg

I think it would be a lot of fun to give a bunch of games the O^2 "treatment".

Maybe that would be best realized in a separate thread...  :ponder:

That's a pretty good idea but I think the O2 did enough graphics butchering by itself, no need for mockups ;)

post-1503-1075930338_thumb.png

I am pretty sure the kid in that ad is playing the VCS version. I know the background is blue, but look at the font of the score, and buildings at the top. They pretty much look like the VCS version. I find that incredible, that this kid is not only playing about the worst graphically version of the game listed among the ad, but is also holding the correct joystick for that version.

;)

I am pretty sure the kid in that ad is playing the VCS version. I know the background is blue, but look at the font of the score, and buildings at the top. They pretty much look like the VCS version. I find that incredible, that this kid is not only playing about the worst graphically version of the game listed among the ad, but is also holding the correct joystick for that version.  

;)

It's gotta be the 2600, during the 'color cycling' mode.