IGNORED

jagcd power

Dragonforce-Europe

unless you have a PSU which conforms to NTSC, have to watch out for those.. the PAL conforming PSU's are bad too..

alternatively, you could try looking at the power requirements on the unit and the PSU.. see if they match.. perhaps read one of the 10000 other threads on this subject.. etc etc etc

I doubt that a US Jag CD will work with european PSUs (you probably will fry it, depending on the voltage/power which is supplied in your country (which is most likley different from the one in America)).

However, I don't know exactly, as I use my US Jag stuff with US PSUs and voltage converters. But I do remember that I once had a japanese Mega Drive and by accident I took the wrong PSU.. guess, what happened...

Voltage in europe is 220V (or 240V), USA and Canada run on 120V. So if you use any US machine in Europe with a european standard PSU, it will fry (the machine and/or PSU), unless you can switch the machine to accept 220V or use a voltage converter.

As, if you say, the US Jag CD works with european PSUs, this could only mean that the output of the original european Atari PSU is only 120V (thus it would convert AC electricity) or the Jag CD accepts both 120V and 220V.

Voltage in europe is 220V (or 240V), USA and Canada run on 120V. So if you use any US machine in Europe with a european standard PSU, it will fry, unless you can switch the machine to accept 220V.

As, if you say, the US Jag CD works with european PSUs, this could only mean that the output of the original european Atari PSU is only 120V (thus it would convert AC electricity) or the Jag CD accepts both 120V and 220V.

:? in normal easy english? and a short awnser. is it posible?

Voltage in europe is 220V (or 240V), USA and Canada run on 120V. So if you use any US machine in Europe with a european standard PSU, it will fry, unless you can switch the machine to accept 220V.

:? in normal easy english? and a short awnser. is it posible?

I'll check the power requirements on the US unit and the US PSU, later, when I'm back home. Judging by the other topic it seems as if the european PSUs will work with US Jags/CDs. Haven't heard about that before as I always only used US PSUs + voltage converters.

@CHR_AeON: with all due respect, you're talking crap.

For a start, there's no such thing as an NTSC or PAL JagCD. They're all the same. Period.

They also all run off 9VDC at 1.2A, which if you look *very* carefully is exactly what the Jag power supply outputs. Any normal Jag power supply that works in your region will also happily power a JagCD. End of story.

@Dragonforce: Maarten Maartens is 100% correct. No matter where the JagCD came from originally, if you're in the EU then using an EU Jag power supply with it will be just fine. If you're in the UK then use a UK power supply, if you're in the USA then use a USA power supply. It's really not rocket science...how on earth are people getting so confused? :?

Stone

Voltage in europe is 220V (or 240V), USA and Canada run on 120V. So if you use any US machine in Europe with a european standard PSU, it will fry (the machine and/or PSU), unless you can switch the machine to accept 220V or use a voltage converter.

If you have a Jag or JagCD that takes upto 120 or 220VAC direct I will give you £1000 for it.

I think more likey you would be holding a chared mess, and possibly be suffering from at least one kind of shock due to the explosion whitnessed when you dumped LINE voltage into something that is expecting nicely regulated DC.

The black box on the end of the Jag power lead that plugs in the wall is whats called a TRANSFORMER, which converts the LINE VOLTAGE into something a little more managable for your jag.

Euro & USA have different LINE voltages, so use different TRANSFORMERS, but the jag always takes it's electrons in a 9Volt DC format (which is finds to not have such a sharp bite as eating raw 120VAC, which tends to give it bad gas and a case of escaping blue smoke with a hint of component burn).