IGNORED

Flea Market Bonanza-$1.25: Halloween, TCM, Subterranea, etc.

Atari Rescue Group

At a flea market on Saturday it looked like good day with a $2 boxed Ultra Pong Doubles discovery. Then I went over to another flea market across town and found a huge display of carts in great shape. New additions to the collection:

Halloween

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Subterranea

Strategy-X

Pooyan

King Kong

Final Approach

And some duplicates for trading fodder:

Miner 2049er

Frogger II

Quick Step

Tanks But No Tanks

Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris

Ghost Manor/Spikes Peak

Subterranea isn't working yet, but hopefully it'll fire up soon.

Final cost averaged out to $1.25 each. :D

The flea markets around here aren't flea markets anymore, they are now poor man's shopping centers even if you don't get much more deals than in real shopping centers.

2 stands out of 3 are permanent with new stuff for sale. I even came across a stand where you could buy prom dresses! I can't imagine that!

- Where did you get your dress, it's beautiful?

- At Simons, and yours?

- Oh, at the Bob's flea market!

- ?!?

There are always some stands up for one week or so and when you ask if they have atari stuff, they all tell you that there is one guy who has a stand somewhere that already bought all for about nothing.. and I went to see those gaming stands and they sell those like 2$ for a loose asteroid cart.. a normal sixer with it's box for 60$...

Your flea markets seem to be much more interesting and full of treasures!

Halloween

Subterranea

Strategy-X

Pooyan

King Kong

Final Approach

Dude, you racked up. Great find. I found Spider-Man and The Challenge of Nexar at a flea market near my house 2 weeks ago. I freak out when I see any that I don't already have. Actually, I freak out when I see any Atari 2600 games in the wild, period. Haha. :)

Our flea markets have plenty of "new" crap in them too. It's amazing how so many people think they can make a big profit by buying crap like that and believe they can sell more of it then the competitor two stalls over. But cheap plastic toys are somehow integral to our society's well being and they need to be available...

I'm fortunate to live in an area where game stuff turns up pretty regularly. It's all proportionate to how much was in the area twenty years ago. It eventually trickles out of garages, attics, and closets--not so many basements out here in CA).

Or course there are plenty of occasions when nothing new or interesting is found, or when you see someone else carrying some vintage game stuff in a bag, but that's ok too.

At a flea market on Saturday it looked like good day with a $2 boxed Ultra Pong Doubles discovery. Then I went over to another flea market across town and found a huge display of carts in great shape. New additions to the collection:

Halloween

Subterranea

Strategy-X

Pooyan

King Kong

Final Approach

And some duplicates for trading fodder:

Miner 2049er

Frogger II

Quick Step

Tanks But No Tanks

Artillery Duel/Chuck Norris

Ghost Manor/Spikes Peak

Subterranea isn't working yet, but hopefully it'll fire up soon.

Final cost averaged out to $1.25 each.  :D

Are you in California? If so, what part?

:o

I haven't had a find like that in ... uh ... ever. Best find I had was about a dozen near-mint CIB Intellivision games at a VV. This earns my greenest shade of envy.

Well, not _quite_ my greenest shade. That was reserved for a friend of mine finding a Vectrex for $10 at a Goodwill not 10 minutes after leaving my work from having picked up some stuff I ordered for him.

I've never been to one in San Francisco. There are probably some out there. Been out to Oakland and Concord, but not often. Usually you can tell when you're in someone else's hunting grounds at a flea market (or thrifts) when you see only scattered Combat and Pac-Man carts, and carcasses of joysticks. I never expect to find stuff, but going out hunting is fun, I get my weekly donut fix, and if I find anything that's a bonus.