IGNORED

Invader X Easy or Normal

neotokeo2001

I plan on having Invader X made into cartridge(20 copies).

Do you prefer the Normal version with Stealth Enemies or the Easy Version with Non-Stealth Enemies? In the Stealth Version, Small enemies are invisible , but I can change it so they are visible with a line of color.

Easy Non-Stealth Version:

easyloop.gif

Normal Stealth Version:

stealthloop.gif

Both BINS are available in the original Invader X post.

I like the invisble aliens..they just seem to pop out too much! ...and then you can't appreciate the graphics. Is there any way to make them only come out a little less frequently.. like maybe on the very higher levels or like say, maybe only on every other entire set of aliens. i.e. I forget how many aliens total in demon attack.. but if there are 8.. then: waves 1-16 (with 2 waves of each alien each) would be visible. While waves 16-32 would have invisible. Then alternate again, etc.? Something like that...

If you make carts can't you put both in, and use one of the difficulty switches to toggle it.  

Either way I would like to request one if they are available to the public.  :)

I don't know if that is possible. If it was possible it would take some major re-coding.

The carts will be available in April. I am redoing a lot of the sound effects as well.

I like the invisble aliens..they just seem to pop out too much! ...and then you can't appreciate the graphics. Is there any way to make them only come out a little less frequently.. like maybe on the very higher levels or like say, maybe only on every other entire set of aliens. i.e. I forget how many aliens total in demon attack.. but if there are 8.. then: waves 1-16 (with 2 waves of each alien each) would be visible. While waves 16-32 would have invisible. Then alternate again, etc.? Something like that...

Looking into it. I have made another version that still includes stealth but there are no completely invisible enemies. It is a really intense game. BIN below...

invader_x_ns.zip

I really like the new one. The enemies with just he blue line are pretty cool, and I like that the enemy has wider bullets . If you were to put one on cartrige that NewStealth one is the one I would pick. I will play them all a little bit more and get back. You might want to just go with the stealth version for a cartrige to make it harder.

I really like the new one. The enemies with just he blue line are pretty cool, and I like that the enemy has wider bullets . If you were to put one on cartrige that NewStealth one is the one I would pick. I will play them all a little bit more and get back. You might want to just go with the stealth version for a cartrige to make it harder.

You noticed the bullets, I had them dropping bars(bombs) but it made it way too hard. I like the New Stealth also, In the Original Stealth the invisible enemies are cool but you lose way too many lives from unseen enemies.