IGNORED

Alpine Games Review

agradeneu

Hello Shawn!

Biathlon:

Instead of looking at the speed bars you can press the button when the skiing-sound is output.

Bobsled:

When the Bob goes up on the left wall press RIGHT and hold it till the Bob comes back down. When the bob goes up the right wall press and hold LEFT till it comes down again. You'll learn the optimal point where to depress those direction buttons.

Bye!

Matthias

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

David Sherwin's Alpine Games Review is now available over at TAT!

Very well and entertaining written, but slightly wrong when it comes to the game-save feature:

Can anyone grab me a screenshot of the title screen?  :)

Which one? The golden medal or the snowboarder?

the best source for both will be Duranik, the snowboarder-picture is a hicolor picture so it might be a good idea to use the original source for it.

Regards

Matthias

Hi!

Which one? The golden medal or the snowboarder?

the best source for both will be Duranik, the snowboarder-picture is a hicolor picture so it might be a good idea to use the original source for it.

This would be cheating. ;-)

The original file has more colors than the one converted for the lynx.

Tschau,

Sage

Very well and entertaining written, but slightly wrong when it comes to the game-save feature:

Other cartridges with the same feature (serial e2prom) are T-Tris (the more recent versions) and SIMIS, both released in the 1990ies.

Just imagine my embarrassment when I found out about this after I submitted the AG review. Whoops!

On the other hand the online-list of the Alpine Games worldrecords isn't mentioned.

An innocent omission, I can assure you. It has nothing to do with the fact that my all-time best overall score is still a pathetic 20 points. :P

Seriously, though, AG is a truly superb game, and the best on the Lynx. :thumbsup:

Hi!

Other cartridges with the same feature (serial e2prom) are T-Tris (the more recent versions) and SIMIS, both released in the 1990ies.

Just imagine my embarrassment when I found out about this after I submitted the AG review. Whoops!

No big problem, i am for myself not sure about how many other games do have a save-option. :-)

On the other hand the online-list of the Alpine Games worldrecords isn't mentioned.

An innocent omission, I can assure you. It has nothing to do with the fact that my all-time best overall score is still a pathetic 20 points. :P

Getting a good Final result is not easy, that's right. But how about the single event-results?

Regards

Matthias