IGNORED

What would you pay for older NES games?

I own it just to have a copy in my collection, but he's right. I don't have a power pad so I can't even play it.

Other than your high demand platformers like Ice Climbers and Donkey Kong Classics, you can probably get most of the early NES games cheap. $5 or less. Once you hit the Metroid/SMB2/Castlevania era they're still pretty common, but spike in price due to high demand. Then after that the market was flooded with a lot of crap, which you ought to be able to get anywhere from 50 cents to $4. Then late in the console's life, titles were shortprinted and the value spikes +really+ high for titles like Flintstones 2 ($76 last time I saw it on eBay) and TMNT Tournament Fighters (got lucky and BIN'd this one for $27.50).

I don't really collect for the NES. I only have a handful of good games that I really like (tecmo super bowl, tyson's punchout, bubble bobble, baseball stars, both zelda's, klax, rc pro am, gunsmoke, & solomon's key) I was thinking of getting them for trades or reselling. I'm still mad that I passed up a powerpad cib at the goodwill for $7! :x Thanks for you're replies though!

Other than your high demand platformers like Ice Climbers and Donkey Kong Classics, you can probably get most of the early NES games cheap.  $5 or less.  Once you hit the Metroid/SMB2/Castlevania era they're still pretty common, but spike in price due to high demand.  Then after that the market was flooded with a lot of crap, which you ought to be able to get anywhere from 50 cents to $4.  Then late in the console's life, titles were shortprinted and the value spikes +really+ high for titles like Flintstones 2 ($76 last time I saw it on eBay) and TMNT Tournament Fighters (got lucky and BIN'd this one for $27.50).

Excellent analysis. This about sums up the NES market.

I own it just to have a copy in my collection, but he's right.  I don't have a power pad so I can't even play it.

Heh. The opposite for me. I have a pad sitting in one of my boxes and no games that use it. :) Come to think of it, I don't even know if the darned thing works...

--

Mord

I own it just to have a copy in my collection, but he's right.  I don't have a power pad so I can't even play it.

Heh. The opposite for me. I have a pad sitting in one of my boxes and no games that use it. :) Come to think of it, I don't even know if the darned thing works...

Short Order/Eggsplode is OK. Is not a triple A game but I definitely recommend it because is the only powerpad game that doesn't focus on exercising (yeah there is Street Cop, but that game is a threadmill in disguise). I like it because the action is fast and arcadey. Short Order is kind of a 'simon says' with burgers. Eggsplode is the most fun of the two imo. It plays very similar to those "wack em thingies" machines you find (or found) at the arcades. Kids will definitely enjoy this game.