IGNORED

I just noticed something weird about my collection...

Csonicgo

I have two missle command carts. Both are picture labels. but, the end label is in lowercase Bauhaus and the main label is in Uppercase. It also seems to have two labels put on it. The missles on the game move a little slower than my other game.....

What is going on here? :?

EDIT: my Video Pinball is the same. lowercase end label, Uppercase main label.

Missile Command and Video Pinball were the first two Atari carts released with picture labels. Atari hadn't yet settled on the font styles for the picture label carts, so the initial run of these carts were printed in lower-case, like the text label carts. Subsequent runs were printed with upper-case letters, and some carts ended up being hyrids with both lower/upper case labels.

Also, Missile Command and Video Pinball have small, white instruction manuals that also indicate that Atari had yet to commit to new design standards for the picture label carts.

Othello, the last text label released, has upper-case letters, which is probably a further reflection of the change-over to upper-case lettering on Atari cartridges.

As for play differences between the variants...curious. :ponder: I'll have to check that out over the weekend.