IGNORED

atariages's saint valentin artwork

khryssun

Hi , I'm khryssun's wife and I can see your web site each time I connect myself on the web (my husband has set atariage's page as the default web browser's start page). So I would like to say that I especially enjoyed the saint valentin's atariage's logo with the lovely little hearts. :love: :love: :D

Please continue to make your site so interresting for my husband (I know he really loves it ;) ..... and it was a really pleasure for me to see him so happy when he received the cart he won at the atariage's Christmas 2003 contest) and so pleased to look at (nice design...). :D :D

BTW I was really surprised when I saw the picture's quality of the cartrige. Congratulations for the programmers. :D

Yeah nice logo - but you could have matched the background to the rest (its a different shade of grey) :D

I was skeptical when you said this, but took a screenshot and then went into Photoshop to look at the color values (which was easier than opening the individual files.. ) Sure enough, they are just *barely* different. I can't see the difference on any of the monitors I am using (all LCD panels), how did you notice this? :)

..Al

I can't see the difference on any of the monitors I am using (all LCD panels), how did you notice this?  :)

Probably your LCD isn't adjusted correctly. The presets are usually way too bright and therefore loosing contrast.

Try a greyscale test picture.

Probably your LCD isn't adjusted correctly. The presets are usually way too bright and therefore loosing contrast.

I have my LCD monitors set fairly bright, but that's just the way I like them. One of the panels is a nice 20" Apple Cinema Display, and is probably the best monitor I have. While I have not gone through any "color calibration" with these monitors, I am generally very happy with their output (especially compared to CRT displays). These monitors all have fairly good contrast, or I wouldn't be able to drive them bright (I can't stand washed-out blacks).

..Al

I don't know why but I notice LCD screens don't seem to reproduce colors properly, and I don't know that it's a matter of contrast, since the colors seem to be off. This appears to be the biggest problems in browser windows, so it could be the fact that the browsers do some extra muddling when they see a color in a stylesheet, vs. unmuddled image files. Maybe.

Eric

I would like to say that I especially enjoyed the saint valentin's atariage's logo with the lovely little hearts.

I like the logo transformations very much. For some odd reason, I have been collecting each of these that I've seen over the last months. Unfortunately, I didn't think to save the Valentine's Day logo before the Abe Lincoln logo took its place. Anyone have this on their drive that they might post to the thread? :-)

I don't know why but I notice LCD screens don't seem to reproduce colors properly, and I don't know that it's a matter of contrast, since the colors seem to be off.  This appears to be the biggest problems in browser windows, so it could be the fact that the browsers do some extra muddling when they see a color in a stylesheet, vs. unmuddled image files.  Maybe.

LCD screens have definitely been improving over the years. Many older panels do a pretty poor job of displaying dark shades of gray, or have a washed-out appearance with dark colors. Never panels are much better in this realm, and the ones I'm using now do a good job of reproducing color. I'm sure they will continue to improve, or be supplanted by better technologies, such as OLEDs. :)

As for your browser comment, yes, I have actually seen different browsers "muddle" with colors so that images are not rendered in the same color as a color specified in the browser. I remember this driving me nuts with one browser a while back, it was probably Internet Explorer. It could very well have been with the masthead at the top of AtariAge.

..Al

I have my LCD monitors set fairly bright, but that's just the way I like them.  One of the panels is a nice 20" Apple Cinema Display, and is probably the best monitor I have.  While I have not gone through any "color calibration" with these monitors, I am generally very happy with their output (especially compared to CRT displays).  These monitors all have fairly good contrast, or I wouldn't be able to drive them bright (I can't stand washed-out blacks).

That LCD is most likey optimized for brilliance (high contrasts and brightness), which is usefull for movies, but not greyscale resolution.