IGNORED

What about your old neighbors?

Dino from Bula

I had an Atari and my best friend had an Intellivision. We played one of them every single day. Our favorite Intellivision games were...

Major League Baseball

Dungeons and Dragons - Cloudy Mountain

Swords and Serpents

Astrosmash

and

Beamrider!

I was so pleased when Beamrider came out for the 2600.

of course it seemed like everybody had a VCS before me, i remember we used to have sleep over parties at eric's and we would stay up all night playing "chopper command". when i finally got my own VCS it was the sears video arcade II (the one that looks like an all black 7800 with paddle/joysticks). i remember the other kids poo-pah'd it for not being a real atari, ha, screw them, now its more collectible. then my spoiled friend brian got a coleco and we did envy it, he even had the super action controllers but for some reason we mostly played smurfs. eventually he even got the VCS expansion and then we really hated him, he could play it all!

funny thing was that years later when i was 17 and playing 7800 when all the other kids had NES he took pity on me and gave me his old colecovision :)

What friends I had in St. Vincent's Home in Fall River, MA owned mostly handheld games, though some owned systems like the Atari 2600, the Coleco Vision, and even the Vectrex...and right on grounds, too, they had these systems! The game units I personally owned at St. Vincent's was a Tomytronic Tron handheld, an Intellivision II, a Coleco Gemini, a second-hand Atari 2600 that barely worked, and a Coleco Adam Family Computer System. At home I just had an Atari 2600, and then later on a Coleco Vision with Expansion Module #1 which I almost ruined by spilling a drink on it. Eep!

I spent a lot of time at my grandmother's, and the neighbors there had an Odyssey 2 about the same time I had a VCS. KC Munchkin was cool, and the splashy presentation of Quest For The Rings awed me, even though I never quite understood how to play it. :)

The kids next door (younger than me) had an Atari 400. Star Raiders, Moon Shuttle, and Shamus all looked great to me. My best friends who lived across the street had an Atari 800 when I had VIC-20, darn them. But then they took a wrong turn and bought a Coleco Adam, when I had a C64. :P

In my neighborhood we beat up the Intellivision kids.

The only one around with non-2600 systems was me. I had the Colecovision and 800 as well. Zaxxon and Donkey Kong didn't impress my friends nearly as much as the Apshai series on the 800 did.

I had one friend with a Coleco Gemini and a Timex-Sinclair 1000. He was a strange guy.

I had friends that owned almost all the other systems.

I dont recall specifically ever wishing a particular game was on the Atrai that they had.... But looking back Two games I remember playing at friends that I wish they had made for Atari, Shamus (Vic 20) and maybe The Heist (Colecovision)

My uncle had a genny and I still had a nes and he would make fun of it. Well that christmas he kept making fun of me then al of the sudden I saw that him and my grandma bought me a genny for christmas. :) The most exciting thing I ever got for christmas though was an N64 with goldeneye a few years ago. The feeling inside me when I opened the wrapping paper was magical. :love:

I remember when I was pretty young and we had had the Atari 400 for a long time and never got any more games than the main commons (asteroids, pacman.....)

Then in about 1986 my friend across the street got this new system called the Nintendo Entertainment System, and I was blown away by mario when I went over there. I remember he was spoiled rotten and had it almost the first day it came out. Of course I think about a year later I got an nes myself, but I remember running over to my friends house to play the ol' nes mario. (and loved it)

I never had a system when I was young. I think I was in college when a friend's little brother got an atari. I was thrilled to find out they had pacman...until I played it :x . I lost any desire to have my own atari right there. Later I played donkey kong on a colecovision at someone else's place. Now THAT would have saved some quarters! But I never bought a coleco until many years later.

I had a pretty good setup:

First Wave - I had a 2600, brothers friend had an Intellivision. Someone else in our neighborhood got a Colecovision

Second Wave - Friend of mine got an Apple II, after 'hearing' about Ultima II I convinced my parents to get me a computer which was an Atari 800, then my next door neighbor got a C64

I was able to play pretty much everything :)

I know own:

Atari 800/XL/130XE/XEGS

Apple II (given to me!)

C64

Vic20

CV

Inty II

2600/Jr

I dont think I need anymore neighbors or friends :D

Yeah, I knew a couple kids who were pretty spoiled. I knew two kids who had the Big Three (Atari, Intellivision, Coleco) at the same time! That's when I first learned that systems that come out around the same time have pretty equivalent hardware and capabilities - it's all about the gameplay. That's really true today with CUbe, Ps2 and Xbox being really similar inside, but the software being the thing that draws you to one over another

Anyway, I had Atari and my best friend had Intellivision. I really like Microsurgeon and Beauty and the Beast. I always wished those games were on Atari as well. Now I don't have to worry since I have multple systems! :)