IGNORED

Drained of Ideas

dr. kwack

After completing Space Ace and Super Zaxxon this past holiday season, I have hit a bad case of "Hackers Block".

I love to hack games that most people don't, to keep things interesting. The past few weeks I have looked and looked through the game listings, trying to think of something new and different to Hack and come up with squat.

This ever happen to anyone else??

to be fair, neo, you have done over 30 hacks.....you could stand to take a creative holiday to recharge!!! (and give me time to catch up on the hack updates!!! ;) :D :D :D :D :D )

Yeah, and I get blocked all the time. I on a major block right now as I try to learn some 6502 for my ET hack. I have a few other games brewing, a new take on Berzerk, and not what you think, and a couple other, but yeah, it happens. Take some time off, play some games, think about other things and inspiration will come to you! you do some good work, dr. kwack, I look forward to more of your hacks in the future! :) :) :) :) (you too, neo, although Fire Queen was a bit light on the hacking. ;) )

to be fair, neo, you have done over 30 hacks.....you could stand to take a creative holiday to recharge!!!  (and give me time to catch up on the hack updates!!! ;)  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D )

(you too, neo, although Fire Queen was a bit light on the hacking. ;) )

You should see the files of unsuccesfull attempts. :ponder:

As for Fire Queen, There was a really good idea there that I could'nt pull off. I may go back and try to re-do it.

Thanks for the kind words Stan! :D

Yeah, I'm with ya on the aborted games Neo...

Thor (as in Marvel Comics) never got finished out of frustratrion,

Donkey Kong Junior Improved got dumped for the same reason...

Then there is the pile of ideas to which I can find no equivalent games!

I was hoping to start a series of games based on movies by John Carpenter, but just can't find the right game to tie to.

Thor (as in Marvel Comics) never got finished out of frustratrion,

Yeah, so YOU'RE the Thor guy! I really hope you finish that project, I want to see that game completed. Or, with your permission, I might take a stab at it sometime. It got a lot of promise! :) :) :)

• 4 weeks later...