IGNORED

Most underappreciated game!!!

robsterman

Some to chew over.....

The fantastic port of Missle Command, Love that on the Atari. One of my fav conversions ever!

Battlezone..A great 2600 "version", not like the arcade game but redesigned to fit the system

DeathStarBattle...I like it, good design and sound

I still don't understand how Private Eye got trashed in reviews. Or, even worse, how people do not know of this game.

The only flaw I found in this game is that the control is not fluid. Trying to jump over the barriers can be tricky at times.

This game took me three months to complete. Level 5 is difficult, to say the least.

If you have not given Private Eye a try, go for it.

As for Raiders of the Lost Ark, this game rules!!! I remember how my friend and me tried for months to defeat the game. And when we did, it was an adventure indeed!

Also, I don't know how people feel about Riddle of the Sphinx, but if adventure games are your cup of tea, this one comes highly recommended.

In addition, Secret Quest is pretty cool, though the ending leaves you feeling cheated.

The first two boards of Survival Island rock!! However, that last maze board is straining on the eyes.

And what about Dragonstomper??? Atari pushed itself to the limit with this one. And when you beat that dragon, you know you've been through the ringer.

Tunnel Runner is an excellent first-person perspective game.

It is too bad that fewer and fewer Atari 2600 classics are being made. I credit Ebivision with keeping the dream alive.

If only they could release an Atari 2600 for Dummies book, this console could once again achieve greatness.

My vote would be for Private Eye or Raiders of the Lost Ark. I still have fun with both those games.

My vote is for Tunnel Runner. One of the few first person games to appear on the 2600, and brilliantly executed I thought. Excellent use of colour, wonderful gameplay, even if it was a little simplistic, and FAST! I was quite amazed at the 2600's capabilities when I first got this cart; CBS put that extended RAM to very good use.

Who's laughing??? ;-)

I LOVED E.T. TOO! Raiders of the Lost Ark, Demom Attack, Taz, Skateboardin', Pitfall!, Pitfall 2, Empire Strikes Back, Solaris, Midnight Magic, Mouse Trap, Kaboom!, Sneak 'n Peek, Megamania, Masters of the Universe...ALL were favorites of mine.

-Trebor

Pete Rose Baseball is amazing. Even though the players are all the same color, the detailed pitcher-batter screen, the 7 different playfield screens, and the detailed score readout are amazing. Fielding is a little difficult sometimes, but I encourage everyone to play it at least once. It really looks like a NES-quality game.

quote:

Originally posted by jawa:

my vote is for SEAQUEST.........

it rules!

jawa

hi,

i played seaquest in the past very often. i think its a nice highscore game. but i like jr pac-man and telepathy too. the graphic from the game save our ship from technovision looks awesome! give it a try :-)

greets from germany,

brabel

Two games that I always liked were: Crazy Climber and Mountain King. Both weren't overly hyped, but were a lot of fun to play.

Anyone know if a game like "Boulderdash" exists on the 2600? I had heard that Broderbund had licensed a company to make a version, but never did see it appear.

Tapper has been whined at by critics since day one and its one of the best!!!

I also think pac-man is fun when i am feeling sorry for my self.