IGNORED

XPlay TechTV Atari 2600 feature

Esc

heh, I still have a Tech Live show on my PVR from January 2003 with a brief profile of some Atari homebrew figure as one of the segments. Haven't ever gotten around to capturing it to the computer ;)

I may also have G4TV's Icons, the Atari episode, except I think I actually made a vcd or something of that one and deleted it from the PVR.

I USED to have Techtv.. but then I moved and by that time stupid Comcast changed their "packages" where the same package price range that I usually get now does not have TechTV included :x :roll:

If I want it it'll be another 30 bucks or so + a whole bunch of channels I don't need or want. Forget it.

THANK GOD for Usenet.. It'll be uploaded in the next couple of days I'm sure. If not, there's always torrents. *crosses fingers*

I also have Comcast, and at one point had TechTV...My favourite station...watched it all the time...

Then, they dropped it and added the "Inspirational Channel" and the "Outdoor Life Network" in its place. :ponder: :x

Who is inspired to go outdoors anymore!? :razz: :ponder:

I'd rather stay inside with my technology...

-----

Chase Hermsen

I saw this a few minutes ago, was pretty amusing. I almost fast-forwarded through the first Intellivision commercial they played, since it was right before a normal commercial break. :) They played two different Intellivision commercials and an Activision Ice Hockey commercial. They reviewed three different products, the GBA Anthology, the Midway Arcade Treasures and Intellivision Lives.

At least two different homebrews were shown during the Anthology segment, Vault Assault (which is the game they used to intro the segment!) and Oystron. They also covered Bloody Human Freeway and seemed quite amused by it. They gave the Anthology 4 out of 5 stars.

When talking about the Midway collection, they didn't mention that most of the arcade games were actually from Williams, which is a shame, as well as many old Atari coin-ops (Toobin', Gauntlet, Roadblasters, and so forth). Yes, I know Midway bought Atari Games at some point. :) This they gave 3 out of 5 stars.

Intellivision Lives they were less impressed with, most notably because the games were more difficult to enjoy without the Intellivision controller, and only gave it 2 out of 5 stars.

Oh yeah, they also talked about the Jakk's Pacific controllers, the one that has the five arcade games and then the Atari 2600 one. They didn't really review those, per se, but just talked about them briefly.

Was a fun episode--all the 80s references are making me feel quite old. :)

..Al

Al, you missed one. They also did the PC 80 Atari games collection. I think they gave it a 3-5, but I dont remember their reasoning and the such.

They claimed that it didn't have joystick support, which I personally find hard to believe. What kind of commercial computer game doesn't have joystick support these days?

Anyway, I liked that episode of X-Play... it was very authentic, but some of the pokes at the third wall weren't very subtle. Then again, subtlety was never really X-Play's strong point...

JR

that episode was great, worth keeping a VCR copy. :D

It will rerun this weekend, heres the XPLAY website on that...

http://www.techtv.com/xplay/features/story...3616931,00.html

also, if you didn't know already... that great episode of Futurama about the 'what is life were a video game' episode is scheduled for tonight on cartoon network (according to yahoo tv site)

[/url]

Al, you missed one. They also did the PC 80 Atari games collection. I think they gave it a 3-5, but I dont remember their reasoning and the such.

They claimed that it didn't have joystick support, which I personally find hard to believe. What kind of commercial computer game doesn't have joystick support these days?

Anyway, I liked that episode of X-Play... it was very authentic, but some of the pokes at the third wall weren't very subtle. Then again, subtlety was never really X-Play's strong point...

JR

I think they were complaining more about the fact you can't really use an authentic atari stick more then anything. Since I don't have that PC collection I couldn't tell you ;)