IGNORED

Removing labels

elviticus

I've got a couple of games that the STILL don't work, even after regular cleaning w/q-tip etc. (pretty unusual, in my experience) So.... I thought maybe if I undid the cart and looked inside to clean it more thoroughly?

To any who know: a)might this work, or am I wasing my time on a dead cart and b) I need to get off the label to get to the screw to open the casing - how is best to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

A) It's only a waste of time if you don't fix it ;)

B) Hit it with a hair-dryer (or just use the dryer to heat the lable, this  

re-activates the glue and makes it easier to peel off in 1 peice)

Just a warning here, it's quite easy to melt the plastic of the cartridge if you're not careful. I use a heat gun so I'm not sure how hot they get in relation to a hair dryer, but you don't want to leave the dryer over one spot too long. When I remove labels I'm not trying to preserve them, but if you are you'll want to be very careful when peeling up the label so you don't "crack" the printing.

..Al

Bestine rubber cement thinner (available at art supply stores) will do the trick on the label. The nice thing is, it won't damage it, so you could probably re-apply it again using spray adhesive.

Or, you could just hit it with a hammer. Eventually the label will come off. Works great on ET carts. ;)

Well here go my results. One GI Joe Atari game, 1 coleco Zaxxon, 1 Odyssee Alien Invaders:

Hair dryer worked great on all labels, but not as well on Zaxxon for some reason. The other two just slid right off! Thanks everyone.

Cleaned the insides of them - didn't help unfortunately, oh well.

:sad:

The GI Joe (parker bros.) case didn't undo, even after taking out screws. So... don't know if it lives or dies!