IGNORED

SMB Minus Worlds

sku_u

I was screwing around with my friends PALM and I stuck the trial emulator on there. Because its a reletivly new emu, it was a bit buggy. Right when you started the game, sometimes you went straight to the - level. BUT, one time I got a COMPLETELY different level. The block towers that always come right before the flag was right at the start, but had pits inside of them. They were in other levels, so you should know what I'm talking about. There was a bunch of turtles with wings jumping around, and , it being a palm, I died very quickly. Once I died, it went to another level, a normal one. Someone who has some smarts needs to dig through that cart like they did with SMB3

• 2 weeks later...

well, i finally tried to play minus world with unlimited time, and through 12 trips there is still no end...

btw Game Genie Code for unlimited time

VZTLTN

and if youre really bored....

http://www.codeshq.com/showthread.php?threadid=304

there are a crapload of codes that do all sorts of things to the game here

I find that ducking actually helps me activate the bug.

I have seen the minus worlds of both the Famicom/NES version of SMB and the Famicom Disk System of SMB. Let me tell you that World -1 for the FDS version of SMB is SMB on an acid trip! Anyways, I have attached FCE Ultra savestates of both versions if anyone wants them.

super_mario_bros.zip

I find that ducking actually helps me activate the bug.  

I have seen the minus worlds of both the Famicom/NES version of SMB and the Famicom Disk System of SMB.  Let me tell you that World -1 for the FDS version of SMB is SMB on an acid trip!  Anyways, I have attached FCE Ultra savestates of both versions if anyone wants them.

I wish I could find a ROM of the FDS version. The only ROM's you find are dumped from the cart. I'd like to try this.

http://www.planetemu.net/ has it available for download under the NES section.
THANKS! Finally! The FDS version.

Brings me to a question I been meaning to ask.

It's all in English. All of it. I know back then they seem to put a lot of their games in English. Do Japanese people actually understand a lot of English? I know, most of the games weren't really that text heavy, but still. I would have expected the word "World" to be in Japanese at least. This has always boggled me.

smb-gg-1.gif
Which one was that? I used POGAAI and it just changed the colors.

ZLAOKK

The screenshot if of 1-6. It starts 1-1 on 4-1 under water. There are no piranah's, and Lakitu is a Bloober and one "Spiny" falls but is a Buzzy Beetle Bailey or whatever his name is.

1-2 is actually 5-3 and is underwater. Has a bloober and 1 and a half Bowsers. One breathes fire once and keeps walking. A floating Piranah Plant.

1-3 is 3-3 (Normal outside dark night time). Nothing different.

1-4 is 6-2 but underwater. It's still night time, though. Piranah's in most pipes. It's one of the late levels probably 7-2 or something. I can't remember.

1-5 is the same as 1-3 which is just 3-3. Nothing changed. These levels are the only, ONLY non-water levels and the only ones you can actually get items or kill enemies. (Short of fireballs which you only get if you get the mushroom in the first 3-3 and the flower in the second.)

1-6 is 1-1 underwater. Piranah's in every pipe.

1-7 is 5-3, but there is a platform stuck in a block partway in and if you stand on it, it begins to move and takes you with it if you stay still.

After getting to the castle flag, it stops after the countdown.

Never made it past. Probably isn't one. Still, how many people say they've made it through World 1-7 in Super Mario Bros? ;)

• 2 weeks later...