IGNORED

PAL 7800 in North America

EricBall

what was that about rf??  i have a pal 7800.  if i use a US power supply, will i be able to play this 7800 on channel 3 on any TV?

Sort of. If you can play 2600 PAL games on your TV with your NTSC 2600/7800 system without the screen rolling, then you can play them with a PAL system.

The only downside is that they will be in black and white with no sound.

I believe PAL-I (UK) outputs to channel 34, and PAL-B (Australia & Germany) on channel 2 or 3.

Also, if you add an inductor to the sound circuit you can get the sound to work but you will still have a black and white picture. Playable though.

Mitch

I posted this in the Marketplace forum, but this may be just as good of place as any.

I am looking for a PAL 7800 that is SCART enabled. Apparently, according to Mitch, these were made for the European market. I am beginning to think thay were only available in France

I have a nice european, SCART comaptible Sony, TV that I would love to try out all my PAL games on and use as a test platform.

Trades/cash or combination of considered.

Thanks,

-Lee

I posted this in the Marketplace forum, but this may be just as good of place as any.

I am looking for a PAL 7800 that is SCART enabled. Apparently, according to Mitch, these were made for the European market. I am beginning to think thay were only available in France

I have a nice european, SCART comaptible Sony, TV that I would love to try out all my PAL games on and use as a test platform.  

Trades/cash or combination of considered.

Thanks,

-Lee

Yes, I think they were originally only sold in France, though some have migrated to other parts of Europe. :)

Mitch

Or you could get an NTSC 7800, do my EPROM mod, change the byte at F4F5 to zero to disable the signature check to allow it to play PAL games, and use that.

How well do PAL games work in a hacked NTSC 7800 anyhow? I mean, the CC2 supports them, so aside from maybe generating 50Hz sync, I guess they should work.

How well do PAL games work in a hacked NTSC 7800 anyhow?  I mean, the CC2 supports them, so aside from maybe generating 50Hz sync, I guess they should work.

Not very, most crash or play with corrupted graphics. There are a few that play, more or less, normally but if you are going the CC2 route it's just easier to use the NTSC versions.

Mitch