IGNORED

Atari Music Video

Max-T

Max-T, I'll say it again, that was a super job you did on that. :D

You know, it's funny. You have a few people who are so quick to publicly flame Max-T as a "spammer", then all of a sudden they do a 180 and start to praise his work, but they still have yet to issue an apology to him for the comments they made in the first place! Doesn't anyone know how to admit that they were wrong? Max-T apologised to the group several times already, and I don't think he needed to do that even once! :roll:

Thanks to you all once again, but I'm not looking for apologies. I violated the etiquette of the Forums, I learned my lesson, and now it seems that most of you who have wanted to view the video have gotten to. So I consider the matter concluded.

And that beast took so much time to compile that I doubt I'll ever try and repeat the endeavor. But I'm glad that at least some of you enjoyed it. It's too bad I didn't have my own high-bandwitdth server -- the full-quality copy kicks the stuffing out of the WMV and RM versions I had to post. Oh well.

I'm getting a genuine Heavy Sixer in the mail come Wednesday, in sweet shape except it is missing the original, first-year grey-colored Atari power supply. Anyone happen to know a source of original wall warts? I bought a multi-adaptor gizmo at Radio Shack when i dug my 2600jr out of thegarage, but I'd rather go 100% 1977-style when I connect the sixer.

Anyway, thanks again, I really appreciate everyone's kind comments. I was afraid people might boo me for choosing that particular song (cause even when I was like 7 years old and that song came out, I thought Duran Duran were a bit fruity), but I thought "The Reflex" had sort of a video-gamey feel. It would have been a lot harder trying to make a vid for "Purple Rain." OK, I'll shut up now. Thanks once more.

Max

Anybody know the legal issues with the clearences with Atari games in

films? It seems that old 2600 sounds are common substitutions for

real ones in film. I havn't seen much in the way of actual shots of

games used in movies lately. Though I suppose for many filmmakers

it might be cheaper to just get a computer animator to make a fake

game for playback.

I had thought about the legal issues of putting Atari game images in a video. And I have about as much legal expertise as your average chunk of driftwood, but I figured that since all the ROMs which I ran throu the emulator to get those images are freely available from AtariAge as well as a number of other retro-gaming sites, that those games must be in the public domain. I know, for example, that much of the software library for the Commodore 64 is now considered public domain.

So if I have infringed upon anyone's copyright, I apologize and will take the video down immediately. But I believe that it would be considered fair use.

So thanks again for everyone's comments.

P.S. -- I neither expect nor want apologies from anyone. It was my bad to post in multiple forums. I shan't make the same mistake twice.

Now back to an exciting game of...Missile Command!!!