IGNORED

Can a 3DO do anything besides play games and cds?

I remember reading about a company developing a GPS traffic navigation system with 3DO systems for some Japanese cars, but I don't know if they ever came out.

Now if you could find that giant virtual reality gyroscope add-on for the 3DO for $9, then you would officially be the God of Good Deals.

There is a Video CD expansion that is rare and I think only released in places outside of the U.S., Video CD uses the MPEG1 technology, DVD is Mpeg2. The picture quality is about the same as video recording in extended play mode due to artifacting, but sound quality is better then video. Basically, most FMV on systems that are 32-bit or better are done in MPEG1 still. Other than that, games, music cd's, Kodak PhotoCD (which is different than today's Kodak Picture CD), cdr's and cdrw's out of the box.

There is a Video CD expansion that is rare and I think only released in places outside of the U.S., .

that depends on what model 3DO you have

the Goldstar sold their VCD adaptor here in the US also, and is the most common one (i could've had about 4 or 5 of them, but who wants that many for one console) :D i think the average price is between $25 to $50

its been awhile since i looked up anything 3DO on ebay

the FZ-1 and FZ-10 VCD adaptors are the hardest to get, i own the Goldstar (paid $40 for mine) and the FZ-1 (paid $100 for mine loose) vcd adaptors, and i think the FZ-10 adaptor is the hardest to find