IGNORED

The Lab (lots of pictures)

Rockin' Kat

Well, I posted this on PlayNintendo forums allready but I just figured I'd post it over here too.

I recently finished putting up a gallery showing off where I have all my stuff... Anyway since I'm sure none of you have things better to do than look at my small collection(or perhaps some of you are just looking for a distraction from something you just might be supposed to do...) anyway....

To reach The Lab just click the www button on my post, click the big ugly enter button, scroll past all the boring crap on the main page(or read it... that's your decision) and click "The Lab".

...or just click here for a more direct rout.

An impressive setup you have there,

SuperPsycho! I won't ask about that

pink radio on the shelf, because you

will probably 'claim' that it's not yours.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing your pics!

Well, it wasn't mine to begin with. It used to be my sister's... just like my walkman used to be my sister's..and under fairly similar circumstances. The Antena broke off the radio... she chucked the radio in the garbage. I pulled it out of the garbage, opened it, and got my dad to solder a long peice of wire to where the antenna attatched on the circuit board and strung it through the hole the antenna screwed into. Presto, one free radio that works just fine.

I am not at all imbarassed to own a Pink radio.

very very nice setup.. I like the CDs on the wall thing... Also, I have an old stereo recevier that looks almost the same as yours mines a pioneer, and I'm sure yours is too.. I also have a cat that looks almost exactly like yours.....lastly, what are the specs on your power mac?

The receiver is a Pioneer SX-737 from 1976. I bought it along with the speakers at a garage sale for $50 when I was in junior high...that would be in '98. I have a print out of an old magazine ad for it up on the wall above the closet...you can see it in the second to last picture in the gallary

The PowerMac is a Dual G4/450Mhz model.

One 30GB drive, one 40GB drive.

512MB of RAM (I think I might up it to 1GB in a month or two)

Mac OS X 10.3.2

ATI Radion 8500 w/ 64MB of VRAM.

I have a SCSI card in it but I havn't had a use for SCSI in a while.

Anyway, Those CD's aren't on the wall, they're on the ceiling.

Are the CDs, music Cds or like AOL Cd's?

Just wondering.

Thanks for sharing SuperPsycho!!

Cool set up, in spite of pink radio.

They are mostly AOL CD's. There are some Earthlink, MSN CD's.. something called Kids net, A few old MacAddict disks, Other disks.. Bad CD-Rs.... old back ups....old copies of turbotax...etc....

Oh please tell me my kids aren't going to want to stick CDs all over their ceiliing at some point in their lives, or at least some point while I'm still providing their housing.

They are all stuck in via thumb tacks. When I move out I get to spackal all the pin holes and paint the room.

That's a nice setup you have there.... You have an old stereo receiver and a cat that look almost exactly like mine. I'll bet that stereo is pioneer, 1975-1977 perhaps? My golden oldie is being used as the garage stereo.

?

The receiver is a Pioneer SX-737 from 1976. I bought it along with the speakers at a garage sale for $50 when I was in junior high...that would be in '98. I have a print out of an old magazine ad for it up on the wall above the closet...you can see it in the second to last picture in the gallary

I don't mean to be such a sap, but... AWWWWWW!  Tyler's so CUTE!!!

Yeah... He was my favorite cat. Too bad he dissapeared a few days before I finally finished working on the gallery. :-(

He used to sleep with me. And he'd wake me up in the morning by licking my hair..... And he used to get on my lap and put his chin on the space bar. Some of his fur is still stuck to my stereo speaker where he brushed up against it....I havn't brushed it off yet..but I know eventually I'll have to. He's gone..and I know that at this point, it's highly unlikely he'll show up. :-(