IGNORED

River Patrol

ShortTimer

Recently I sold my old Atari with about 50+ games on ebay. I didn't come to this site until after the auction because I didn't realize people would pay a crazy amount of money for this stuff.

Everyone seemed interested in a game called "River Patrol" and the auction ended with me getting $1,052 for the Atari and other games. Does this seem like a fair price? I was looking and I did have other ultra-rare games like "Crypts of Chaos" in a different auction that only got $258 as the final bid.

What's up with these crazy prices?

A boxed complete River Patrol is worth about what you got for the entire auction, I watched all the snipers hit it in the last minute. Congrats, hope you package it well. :D

None of the other games in both of your auctions were peticulary expensive so to speak.

Thanks for the quick reply!

FYI the "new style" Atari I was actually selling for my grandmother. She was going to throw it away but by a accident I was about to sell mine on ebay so I told her I do it for her too.

I do have an aunt who's getting some of her old atari stuff together so I should be selling that in the next month or so for her. I asked and, no, she doesn't have River Patrol ;)

Hi shortTimer Its JAson from Trade-N-Games who won your auction. Like i was saying to you this week that that was the rare game of the lot. I am very happy with my purchase It was just under my max amount. Im sure you will pack it all up good for me :ponder:.

There are only a handful of games worth that much boxed you had some good luck for ending up with that one.

Congrats on the sale!

Thanks for the purchase!

I never even knew people would pay that much for games. The breif research I did on ebay was just on full systems. I saw some people put up atari's with about 50 games and get around 300 for them, so I thought that would be the max amount I would get.

Also: there are actually several people behind the gbsmith25 account. Originally my father started selling some stuff on ebay then my mother did and finally I piggybacked on their account because I'm lazy. :wink: So the email was actually answered by my father.

I know this is off topic but I had to ask. "ShortTimer" does your screen name come from the novel INSOMNIA? Just curious.

Tim

Nope.

Back in the day when I was a computer contractor (before the dot com bomb) I was moving around quite a bit and one of the places I was at they called me "the short-timer" because I was only going to be there for about 9 months. That's where it came from, I've never actually read insomnia.