IGNORED

Black Ice/White Noise Strategy Guide

Shaggy the Atarian

I'd like to unveil the Black Ice/White Noise Strategy guide. It's something that we've(Saturn and myself) been working on for a while now. Hopefully this will be beneficial to those who have recently purchased the game in the Jaguar Extremist Pack 1 or who have Rev. 19. While we have been able to make a good resource of the locations so far, there is more to go so anyone who has some coordiantes that we don't have on the list, feel free to submit them to us, and we will be making updates momentarily as we find more in the game. We also have a PDF version of the game so you print it out. Thanks and I hope you all enjoy it! And don't forget to let me know what you think

Here's the link:

http://www.staticgamer.com/articles.php?ac...tion=show&id=81

:thumbsup: That's great!

On a side note, does anyone else have the problem in Rev 23 of the game crashing after you finish interacting with one of the characters in the game? I also have a problem where the bypass cart (Protector SE) will only correctly launch the disc about 1/3 of the time. Is this a common problem?

Mitch

Which character does it crash on? I'd like to know so I can document it :P Too me Rev. 23 seems more unstable in some areas, but I guess that it's a mixed bag. and I've yet to find your cowboy friend in Rev. 23 as well.  

And I'm glad you like it ;)

Three different characters so far, I don't recall the names. I was just curious if other people had similar problems or if I should check out my JagCD and see if it is the cause.

Mitch

I haven't had that problem either. Rev23 does crash a little more often in different areas of the city than I've noticed with Rev18, but not consistently. It seems to happen randomly (with a few exceptions) throughout.

I haven't interacted with all the characters in Rev23 yet, but will take notes and send them to Shaggy with map updates as they're available. Hopefully, we'll be able to discover more missions and such in the more "untested" sections of the city. 8)

Anyone looking to see what the game had to offer, go to the bar at coordinates 380:418. Amazing!

Also, for a (one sided :P ) gunfight, head to 483:632 where you'll be ambushed from four sides by gun toting street thugs. 8)

Just a couple of things I want to make people aware of, bare with me if this stuff is already known, but I have been messing around with both 18 and 19 before most people ever got them, since I got them from Clint to expand on the manual. A Manual is available for those who bought 18 from Clint, the address to it is on the inside cover. The manual, however, was made for Rev. 23 and locations in it are for 23 and some, like some cop stations, are in entirely different locations on 18 and 19. I have recorded quite a number of locations from revision 18 that are different or not included in the manual. I am also now going through REV 23 too. All of this info will be given to Clint, eventually and will be added to the official manual site or Clint's Ambient Distortions or JagCube sites eventually I assume. I'll leave it up to Clint or Jaysmith to give the manual's internet address out though. Just because I don't know if they want to keep it to people who bought from them or not. Maybe it's freeely available, I don't know.

Before I forget, all the credit for the amazing discoveries in the guide goes to Shaggy. His persistence in exploring the city and uncovering new and exciting elements are what led to my continuing interest and hopefully we'll be able to find and document more in the coming weeks.

Way to go man, keep up the great work! 8)

Just a couple of things I want to make people aware of, bare with me if this stuff is already known, but I have been messing around with both 18 and 19 before most people ever got them, since I got them from Clint to expand on the manual. A Manual is available for those who bought 18 from Clint, the address to it is on the inside cover. The manual, however, was made for Rev. 23 and locations in it are for 23 and some, like some cop stations, are in entirely different locations on 18 and 19. I have recorded quite a number of locations from revision 18 that are different or not included in the manual. I am also now going through REV 23 too. All of this info will be given to Clint, eventually and will be added to the official manual site or Clint's Ambient Distortions or JagCube sites eventually I assume. I'll leave it up to Clint or Jaysmith to give the manual's internet address out though. Just because I don't know if they want to keep it to people who bought from them or not. Maybe it's freeely available, I don't know.

One other note, the manual was being hosted on BJ West's site, it's no longer there. I'm happy to e-mail a copy of the manual in its current form to anyone that wants it. In addition, big thanks to Adam (Shaggy) and Saturn for doing such a super job of putting locations together. Great stuff indeed!

I haven't had that problem, but if anyone else has, maybe they'll speak up. Mine usually just crashes while going to a certain street, or going out of some rooms back to the street

OK, it's probably my JagCD then or possible the disc. I'll try cleaning my JagCD player and see if that helps any.

Mitch