IGNORED

atari panther

joshua

What you saw, from the engineering notes, the Panther never made it past the cad/cam drawing of which have been released to the Atari Museum's sister site: Atari Explorer and are up on display on the site. EGM may have simply show what was to be the Jaguar and/or the Jag Duo...

If you make it out to PC5 this year you'll get to see the actual Jag Duo as well as the actual Jag II motherboard, PC5 and AGE 2.0 shows have Exclusive showings of these much fabled and anticipated Atari products.

Curt

If you make it out to PC5 this year you'll get to see the actual Jag Duo as well as the actual Jag II motherboard, PC5 and AGE 2.0 shows have Exclusive showings of these much fabled and anticipated Atari products.

When you say Jag Duo, do you mean the mock-up? (just asking -- afraid I might have missed something somewhere)

plus, has anything happened with the Jag II motherboard lately? I was pretty excited when stuff started popping up about it, but haven't heard much lately.

What you saw, from the engineering notes, the Panther never made it past the cad/cam drawing of which have been released to the Atari Museum's sister site: Atari Explorer and are up on display on the site.    EGM may have simply show what was to be the Jaguar and/or the Jag Duo...

Curt

no, if i remember correctly this wasn't a drawing of the jaguar, but in fact it was a drawing of the panther, and i think it was the same drawing(or one very similar) up at the AEX site if my memory serves me correctly. and in the same article they revealed that the panther was no longer in development and that atari were now putting all thier efforts behind the jag, and they printed a drawing of the jag as well.

It may in fact have been photo's of the drawings that are in the Atari Museum archives and our sister site AEX posted.

Jag Duo (combo Jag/cd unit) will be on display at phillyclassic.com PC5 show in March along with the Jag II Motherboard. Both or which are items in the Atari Museum archives.

Curt

Jag Duo (combo Jag/cd unit) will be on display at phillyclassic.com PC5 show in March along with the Jag II Motherboard.   Both or which are items in the Atari Museum archives.

Curt

is the jagII motherboard functioning? were there any demos developed for it?

Jag Duo (combo Jag/cd unit) will be on display at phillyclassic.com PC5 show in March along with the Jag II Motherboard.   Both or which are items in the Atari Museum archives.

Curt

Ask Jaysmith 2000, I think he has one.

Jayson has my other Jag II motherboard, the CPU on it is not a TOM II so unfortunately its not functional... mine boots up, will accept a Jag 1 game but gets exceptionally hot even with the fan cooled heat sink.

I haven't turned it on in a while as each time the Jag II was taking more and more time to recover between blanking out completely.

I have found what appears to be some preliminary garoud (not spelling that right) shading and 3D development tools for the Jag II, but no games.... yet.

Curt

does the atari panther exist in prototype form? any of them uncovered as of yet?

This site has what appears to a dev kit version of one:

http://www.homecomputer.de/pages/f_panther.html

IIRC, the Toad Computers site used to host an Atari Jaguar message board waaaay back before JI2 and they also sold Jag games/systems. IIRC they were the ones who reportedly found a development manual for the Panther that had source code in it for Panther Pong and maybe one other simple demo.

Curt

Ask Jaysmith 2000, I think he has one.

Yeah, as Curt said, he has a working unit because he has the good Tom 2 chip. My chips unfortunately as Glenn Bruner discovered are not the original chips. Argh! Fun centerpiece though, but I'd sure like to see it working!

Jason

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...