IGNORED

Had a scare today....

I took my Neo Geo AES and my Neo Geo CD to a get together to showcase them (I won't lie, to show them off :cool:) and had a real scary and disappointing moment.... These are Japanese versions of each system and their power supplies while matching ours in terms of DC-out are about 20 volts shy of ours in terms of AC-in... I had been using it in a spare bedroom away from my main collection which uses surge protectors. Anyway, when I hooked it up at the get together, I had to plug it into a surge protector. When I went to turn it on, it wouldn't turn on and the power supply started smoking and stinking up the room... it had actually melted a little bit... when I got home I was able to hook it up to a 1st Gen Genesis AC adaptor and verify that the console was unharmed, and breathe a huge sigh of relief, but it freaked me out cause I thought that I had just seen $240 plus about $60 in shipping just go up in smoke.......and just 2 weeks after I got it and after only about 2 or 3 total play hours on it in that time......yikes!

Needless to say, after that incident, the Neo Geo CD never even came out of it's box. :)